BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Difference between 2019 50i and 2023 M60i?

09-16-2022, 02:57 PM   #1
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Difference between 2019 50i and 2023 M60i?

I’m sorry if this has been discussed already. I ordered my 2019 50i (no M’s back in the olden days) before they even hit the ground — sight unseen. Was so excited to get it, and it never disappointed. I still love her, but half the moms in my town have the exact same white X7 as me now and I’m ready for a new model. There are literally 3 on my small residential street.

I have two questions: am I wrong to be obsessed with the Marina Bay Blue? My husband always gets his exotics in shades of blue, but I’m typically white or black in an SUV. I’ve seen one in person and I can’t stop thinking about it. Not sure if I’d get tired of that color or not. And what interior looks best? I have the Individual ivory/navy currently and I love how special that combo is. But I don’t know if I love the ivory/gray as much. Especially on a blue car. Considering MBB or black exterior with either black or ivory/gray interior. Full leather.

Second question: what all is different in this new model? Is it significant enough to even notice? Besides the headlights of course.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 04:07 PM   #2
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Second question first... There is a very significant difference between the '19 X7 50 and the '23 X7 M60. There was an iteration in between these two (X7 M50) that had an increase in horsepower (which carries over to the M60).

As for color, MBB is amazing and definitely worth it. Consider either the black or brown interior and you can't go wrong.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 04:10 PM   #3
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Besides the headlights, 98% of the people would not be able to tell the difference between the two, especially when looking from the sides or rear.
The sides are nearly identical. The rear is very similar too in a way that even the same bumper and headlights would “fit”.
My wife would think they are the same exact vehicle. As a car enthusiast, I can tell the difference if I focus on it enough from a close distance (side and rear).

Interior is the same (same seats, doors, etcs) but the two split screens are now combined in one (idrive-8).

Sorry for the over simplification above, but if it’s about how many other X7s neighbors or other moms around have, this is probably a good description above.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 06:45 PM   #4
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Besides the headlights, 98% of the people would not be able to tell the difference between the two, especially when looking from the sides or rear.
The sides are nearly identical. The rear is very similar too in a way that even the same bumper and headlights would “fit”.
My wife would think they are the same exact vehicle. As a car enthusiast, I can tell the difference if I focus on it enough from a close distance (side and rear).

Interior is the same (same seats, doors, etcs) but the two split screens are now combined in one (idrive-8).

Sorry for the over simplification above, but if it’s about how many other X7s neighbors or other moms around have, this is probably a good description above.
My question did seem a little simplistic. 😂 My point was that my local market is saturated with white X7’s, and the marina bay may satisfy my desire to not be in the same car as every other driver in town.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2022, 08:00 PM   #5
scohtiger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M, X7 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
My question did seem a little simplistic. 😂 My point was that my local market is saturated with white X7’s, and the marina bay may satisfy my desire to not be in the same car as every other driver in town.
Similar to my situation. Already had white, gray, black colors and really wanted something a tad different. MBB jumped out at me and do not regret it at all.

So many compliments on the color only reinforces my choice. Plus, very easy to spot in a crowded parking lot when coming out of the store.
Appreciate 0