Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin Trying to rodent proof my car, need some advice

09-17-2022, 02:07 PM   #1
stochastic_dev
Rep
Drives: 330e

Trying to rodent proof my car, need some advice

Had a CEL with under 500 miles, ended up being a rodent chewing out some Engine harness wires. Repair needed the intake gasket removed, thankfully insurance covered most of the $2k bill.

I had them wrap the wires in some Honda rodent tape, and installed myself a sound and strobe light deterrent under the hood. Wondering if this is a safe place for it (pic attached)? Little concerned about the heat and placement near the exhaust/timing belt, but I have it zip-tied securely

Also got the landlord to install some bait stations around the parking area, and spraying the wheel wells myself with rodent sprays every weekend. Hope I've thrown everything effective at this problem lmao, open to other suggestions, would suck to have this happen again
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 02:29 PM   #2
VINCER0
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive 2021

I use this in my car:

https://www.amazon.com/Loraffe-Ultra.../dp/B07N6JZ2J4

One is ziptied to the engine bay above the front left wheel area and one is zip tied to the cargo next by the rear right wheels.

They sell a car-wired version as well.

I also wrapped some of the more exposed cable wires with copper mesh:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KGGPCZ2
Appreciate 0