Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-28-2022, 07:59 PM   #1
Purekoryo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
Insight to Racechip Warranty?

Does anyone have any unfortunate experience or know second hand if Racechip stands behind their $10K credit towards (less $2500 "deductible") engine damage caused by their tune?

Tried to contact carbahn (they claim they will warranty the motor with the extra $1K) but their response rate sucks. So not too confident in their service if anything happens to the motor.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 08:13 PM   #2
exmowner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purekoryo View Post
Does anyone have any unfortunate experience or know second hand if Racechip stands behind their $10K credit towards (less $2500 "deductible") engine damage caused by their tune?

Tried to contact carbahn (they claim they will warranty the motor with the extra $1K) but their response rate sucks. So not too confident in their service if anything happens to the motor.
I’m not a tuner but I highly doubt a jb4 or racechip will affect your motor in anyway. Now if you were talking about 850whp on e85 the probability changes but even still. The s58 is a strong engine, the 2jz of this era.
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 08:24 PM   #3
Purekoryo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Quote:

I’m not a tuner but I highly doubt a jb4 or racechip will affect your motor in anyway. Now if you were talking about 850whp on e85 the probability changes but even still. The s58 is a strong engine, the 2jz of this era.
Probably is very low and I've tuned many cars before with no issues but the consequences were low; whereas, the S58 probably is still low but consequence is very high. At least the $7500 can soften the blow a bit.
Appreciate 1
exmowner688.50
      09-29-2022, 09:45 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Probably is very low and I've tuned many cars before with no issues but the consequences were low; whereas, the S58 probably is still low but consequence is very high. At least the $7500 can soften the blow a bit.
with how low the chances are (very close to 0%) if you still need a warranty to put your mind at ease, get Dinan/Carbahn or keep the car stock.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 09:44 PM   #5
r33_RGSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:

I have sold and use RaceChip since 2014, before they even have US office or offers warranty.
I haven't seen a single complain from all of sales that it blew the engine.
I even asked them to make one for my Porsche 991.2 Carrera T.
I used it for normal driving, canyon, and track day (so far only one track day).
Also used it on my X3MC for same purpose.

Side note: I do help RaceChip USA in testing, data logging, and sometime dyno with crappy CA 91 gas. (Since we have the worst gas in the state, the data is very important to make sure the tune will run properly).

So, to summarize it, yes RaceChip will stand behind the warranty because they know that their product has been developed and tested to assure that it won't cause any damage to your engine. That's why they include it at no charge and I've been selling it for almost 10 years.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0