E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need Help with BMW E90 Retrofit Passenger Airbag Switch / Shutoff

11-06-2022, 01:47 PM   #1
Ronald
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 325

Need Help with BMW E90 Retrofit Passenger Airbag Switch / Shutoff

Hi everyone,

I have a BMW E90 LCI (2009) and I am currently searching for information, how to code / retrofit "Airbag Off" Switch.

My car is already pre-wired and I have already found and installed the switch.
After I plugged switch I got an Airbag fault on my dashboard. After deleting faults, it still remains.

* BMW ISTA+ shows: MRS 0093BE Switch for front passenger airbag deactivation
* Coding data do not correspond to equipment

Can please someone give me an advice how can i do it and what I need?
I will really appreciate if you give me a detailed instruction.

P.s. I have bought both USB and ENET BMW OBD2 adapters and I have ISTA, ISTA+,NCS-Expertentool, NCS Dummy, and INPA on my computer.

P.s. 2 If someone will help me to retrofit a new roof centre module, you will not only made my day, but my month
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 01:53 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

e90's don't do enet at least in the US they don't .
They only do K/D can cables .
I would get Inpa up and running before moving on to anything else.
Never heard of an Air bag switch in the US .
There are emulators for the passenger seat airbag.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 02:16 PM   #3
Ronald
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
e90's don't do enet at least in the US they don't .
They only do K/D can cables .
I would get Inpa up and running before moving on to anything else.
Never heard of an Air bag switch in the US .
There are emulators for the passenger seat airbag.
Hi,

Airbag switch is a switch that allows your kids safely to sit in front seat. Switch is disabling front passenger airbags, so in case of collusion they dont deploy, and hurt front passenger (kid). You can disable airbags by turning the lock (switch) in passenger doors.

See the pic: https://www.1addicts.com/forums/atta...8&d=1313879343
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 03:01 PM   #4
vilord
Major
Rep
Drives: E91, Tundra, TT, SV650

Garage List
I haven't done this, but looking at the F series and VO lists, I'm thinking it's just a VO change and coding change.
With NCS Expert, modify the VO and see if you can add S5DAA. Once that's done and saved, it should tell you which modules need to be re-coded (most likely just the airbag module).
I haven't used NCS Expert in a long time, been using ProTools on my phone & tablet the last few years, so I couldn't tell you what you'll need to press or click to accomplish this without looking it up again.
      11-06-2022, 03:02 PM   #5
vilord
Major
Rep

Garage List
As for 'new roof center module'... what are you talking about?
      11-06-2022, 04:20 PM   #6
Ronald
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
I haven't done this, but looking at the F series and VO lists, I'm thinking it's just a VO change and coding change.
With NCS Expert, modify the VO and see if you can add S5DAA. Once that's done and saved, it should tell you which modules need to be re-coded (most likely just the airbag module).
I haven't used NCS Expert in a long time, been using ProTools on my phone & tablet the last few years, so I couldn't tell you what you'll need to press or click to accomplish this without looking it up again.
Hi Thanks for the reply,

Tomorrow will try to add S5DDA and check.

What is ProTools? Maybe i have to buy ProTools instead of understanding NCS.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 04:24 PM   #7
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

No airbag switch in the US as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 04:28 PM   #8
Ronald
Rep

Quote:
As for 'new roof center module'... what are you talking about?
I’m talking about the module that is built in headlining roof liner, where is all the interior lights, phone switch and Anti-Theft Alarm System module.

Originally i had the version with only interior lights, but in a new headliner i have SOS button, Passenger Airbag light (ON/OFF indicator), and Anti-Theft Alarm System module
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 04:39 PM   #9
vilord
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
No airbag switch in the US as far as I know.
It's a European car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
Tomorrow will try to add S5DDA and check.

What is ProTools? Maybe i have to buy ProTools instead of understanding NCS.
5DAA, not 5DDA

ProTools is an android / iphone app by the folks at BimmerGeeks. It incorporates maybe 75% of what can be done with ncs & tool32, plugs into a usb K+DCAN cable via a USB OTG adapter, or can work with wifi/bluetooth modules, but i prefer the wire.
It's not free, the way ncs+inpa are, but for those of us who aren't doing coding as a job, it's a quick easy solution... i can leave the cable in the glove box and pull it out anywhere to do a quick scan of codes or whatever... could disable the seat belt nanny alarm at the hardware store in about 3 minutes, for example.

For the roof module, it would most likely be similar to the 5DAA vehicle order change, to enable something else so the car knows it has a FZD, possibly also wiring up some additional things... running KCAN wires and so on up to it. I would probably find another car with similar spec that has the roof control module and go to bimmer.work to compare the list of VO items that car has compared to the one without it to see if anything jumps out at me.
      11-07-2022, 01:29 AM   #10
Ronald
Rep

Quote:
It's a European car.

5DAA, not 5DDA

ProTools is an android / iphone app by the folks at BimmerGeeks. It incorporates maybe 75% of what can be done with ncs & tool32, plugs into a usb K+DCAN cable via a USB OTG adapter, or can work with wifi/bluetooth modules, but i prefer the wire.
It's not free, the way ncs+inpa are, but for those of us who aren't doing coding as a job, it's a quick easy solution... i can leave the cable in the glove box and pull it out anywhere to do a quick scan of codes or whatever... could disable the seat belt nanny alarm at the hardware store in about 3 minutes, for example.

For the roof module, it would most likely be similar to the 5DAA vehicle order change, to enable something else so the car knows it has a FZD, possibly also wiring up some additional things... running KCAN wires and so on up to it. I would probably find another car with similar spec that has the roof control module and go to bimmer.work to compare the list of VO items that car has compared to the one without it to see if anything jumps out at me.
Thank you Jesse,

I will try adding 5DAA, and hope it helps.

As for the future, I will definitely consider buying ProTool, because NCS is just so hard to understand. I have already bought Carly adapter, but it helps only to diagnose and some simple coding. Need to keep digging.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 02:41 AM   #11
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Where did the switch plug into?
My car has the airbag on/off indicator in the dome light. If your car is pre wired for the switch, it should just plug into the dome light harness.

It is most likely a coding issue in the srs module.
It’s now reading a switch that isn’t supposed to be there so the light is on.
Adding the VO and default coding the module or manually enabling the option in the srs module should work.
Appreciate 0