F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Tiguan 230 TSi Remap
Studio RSR

12-01-2022, 05:48 AM   #1
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Tiguan 230 TSi Remap

I've been waiting until our Tig was out of warranty (well its on extended but what the hell, they are hard enough to get stuff done inside 3 years), to get a remap done. Was weighing up all the options and in the end having had Celtic on my 335d for years without issue I decided to go with their new Emotion 2 device which allows you to map the car yourself.

I hooked it up to car and downloaded the standard map, sent it off to Celtic and got the Stage 1 file back in about 2.5 hours.

Rang insurance last night and added the remap for today (30 quid extra until March), and set off the upload to the car about 10:40. It took a fair bit longer than I expected so in future I will have the car on a charger as it took a good 30 mins with the ignition on to do its magic.

Lots of errors and warning on the dash about systems not available - to be expected.

Writing finished, ignition off and unplugged the device. Start the car, all is well no issues with any warnings.

Go out and wait till she's warmed up a bit and then holy moly it has substantially more power than before (around +70bhp on this engine), the rate it piles on the numbers is quite a difference from the standard car. Probably not the best conditions with greasy roads but from very low speed or pulling out in sports mode it was pretty easy to light up the fronts before the 4 motion kicked the rears in

All in all impressed so far, but will need to adapt after 3 years of it standard

Was only £65 more for the touch screen device so I can change the maps at will than having them come out and do it themselves. And a fair bit cheaper than then likes of Revo even on their Black Friday deals

But my BM is still faster lol!
Appreciate 2
Lorcan3610.00
      12-01-2022, 10:02 AM   #2
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

yeah nice engines reminds me of the gti
Appreciate 0