BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Ordering issue with a delear. Need advise.

12-14-2022, 09:30 PM   #1
Tyriondo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 40d M Sport

Garage List
Ordering issue with a delear. Need advise.

Hi everyone,

I ordered a BMW X7 beginning of November in the United Kingdom. The sales manager at the BMW dealer was quite helpful at the beginning. He called me frequently to check if I would like to submit the order etc. The sales manager also assured me that they have an existing allocation for the production for sooner delivery. He guaranteed the car delivery for March. Therefore, I decided to submit my order.

I have called him few after a month to check if there is any update about my order. He didn't want to talk to me and started avoiding me. Finally, he replied me after a week via email and stated that there is nothing he can do about the order, he waits update from the BMW UK for production. He also added he's ready to refund me the deposits. He didn't share any other information.

After his reply, I have decided to contact directly with the BMW UK to understand what's going on. BMW UK asked me to provide them "AG Order Number" of my order to investigate the issue further. I didn't have that info except the Order ID provided by the dealer. BMW UK asked me to contact the dealer and get this number to follow up the issue with them. I have called the dealer and informed them about the case. The sales manager replied to me that they need to check this. I believe it shouldn't be more than 5 minutes of work to get this order number from the computer since they already entered my order in the system, right?

I feel something is wrong here, but not sure what's it. Can you please elaborate it if you had any similar experience with any dealer?

Thanks.

Last edited by Tyriondo; 12-14-2022 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 08:49 AM   #2
guywithcat
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I could call the general manager of the dealership. Be firm. If that doesn't work, call the owner of the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 10:51 AM   #3
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriondo View Post
Hi everyone,

I ordered a BMW X7 beginning of November in the United Kingdom. The sales manager at the BMW dealer was quite helpful at the beginning. He called me frequently to check if I would like to submit the order etc. The sales manager also assured me that they have an existing allocation for the production for sooner delivery. He guaranteed the car delivery for March. Therefore, I decided to submit my order.

I have called him few after a month to check if there is any update about my order. He didn't want to talk to me and started avoiding me. Finally, he replied me after a week via email and stated that there is nothing he can do about the order, he waits update from the BMW UK for production. He also added he's ready to refund me the deposits. He didn't share any other information.

After his reply, I have decided to contact directly with the BMW UK to understand what's going on. BMW UK asked me to provide them "AG Order Number" of my order to investigate the issue further. I didn't have that info except the Order ID provided by the dealer. BMW UK asked me to contact the dealer and get this number to follow up the issue with them. I have called the dealer and informed them about the case. The sales manager replied to me that they need to check this. I believe it shouldn't be more than 5 minutes of work to get this order number from the computer since they already entered my order in the system, right?

I feel something is wrong here, but not sure what's it. Can you please elaborate it if you had any similar experience with any dealer?

Thanks.
Dealers get only a given threshold of allocations per (week or per month). I believe they have many other buyers on the list ahead of you, and you have not yet made it to the official allocations that BMW knows about, which explains the lack of an AG Order Number. If they are trying to avoid u, likely, they are trying to avoid telling you that you are still on their internal waiting list to make it to an official allocations. They should have been transparent with you and said that they have more on their waiting-list than their allocations number if that was the case. I always try to order for a dealer that can guarantee me a spot in their current opened allocations effective immediately (i.e.: same day I pay the deposit) rather than being on their internal waiting list for an allocation. Take your deposit and go somewhere else. If there is no AG order Number yet, you are not on the formal line anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 11:18 AM   #4
Ace6180G07
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i / 2024 X5 40i

Agree with BMW5and7

Order date 8-11
First dealer said it could be a month or longer before I got a production number. After a few weeks of them jerking me around on my trade I cancelled the order. No production number received and deposit refunded.

Second dealer.
I just happen to literally walk in the front door and they had a customer back out of another order. So the next morning the second dealer emailed me the production number as they stuck me in that slot. It was dumb luck. But it was months ago at this point so allocations may be at a premium as the above poster stated.

You could call another dealer and see what they have before you cancel. Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 03:03 AM   #5
Bigel
Rep
Drives: 330ci, 535d, X7

I’d say there seems to be some severe issues with BMW UK at the moment. They are doing some strange things such as dropping the M Sport line (when it’s clearly being made for elsewhere) and also things like dropping the ability to spec DHP (exec drive pro) when it’s available still on the same model in France or Germany.

I’ve had my own issues with them - I put an order in back early October with the express stipulation that I didn’t want it until Feb / March at the earliest only to find it turning up this month and then being given an ultimatum of take the car or we can re-order but no promises on when you’d get it?! (Plus excellence spec etc).

Given the general cost of living crisis I think BMW need to start thinking about better looking after people buying £90k SUV’s as I don’t think there will be too many of us in a few months time…
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 07:05 AM   #6
shimalkharia
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Why do you think all this is happening to BMW UK? Is it because of a lack of sales? It’s not the first bad review I see about them, and I wonder why that is so. Also, did you manage to solve the issue with the dealer by now?
I think the current crisis will force more people to go for used cars, especially Japanese ones or old Volvos. People will start looking for the best price and quality rather than beauty, style, and increased performance. It’s better to get a cheap older car that works than a newer one that costs a fortune to maintain. This is my prediction for the vehicle market in general.

Last edited by shimalkharia; 12-25-2022 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 11:01 AM   #7
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

I would go elsewhere and see whether they have allocations available. Not sure where you are based in the UK, however I would strongly recommend BMW Reading as I have bought three cars from there and always delivered as promised with an exceptional service. I'm happy to PM you my sales rep details if you wish.
Please note I have no connection with this dealership apart from a happy customer, and I'm sure they will be happy to get you sorted quickly.
good luck.
      12-24-2022, 09:10 PM   #8
Tyriondo
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Many thanks for the comments!

I have sorted out the issue after raised a ticket to BMW UK and to social media. I have received a call from the dealer with an apology and my AG number as well as the VIN right away! Previously, I have been told that the wait time for the production was between 1-6 months. I assume the dealer promised my car to another client with a higher price tag.

Finally, I have been informed about the production week and the delivery week now. The dealer and the BMW UK have both confirmed the details with me. I have never experienced such an incident before. However, I believe if I wouldn't chase my order, they would give my car to another client. Beware please!

Last edited by Tyriondo; 12-25-2022 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 09:18 PM   #9
Tyriondo
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigel View Post
I’d say there seems to be some severe issues with BMW UK at the moment. They are doing some strange things such as dropping the M Sport line (when it’s clearly being made for elsewhere) and also things like dropping the ability to spec DHP (exec drive pro) when it’s available still on the same model in France or Germany.
I have submitted my order 4 days before they removed M Sport line from the BMW configurator. I have also reached to another dealer and confirmed with them that they are still able to submit M Sport line version (so you can still order one). However, BMW clients can't access the model line at BMW configurator.

Last edited by Tyriondo; 12-25-2022 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0