BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-15-2022, 09:44 PM   #1
uswjes85
Rep
Drives: 23 MBB X3MC

M Mode displays from m buttons.. and exhaust flap default q's

Hey everyone,

I have a few Q's about my 23 X3MC.

1. I have set my M buttons to my liking but I haven't been able to find out how to set my m display settings with my m buttons. I go into settings and there are the 2 button configs then the hud and display settings . Is this a 2 step process of hitting the m mode and the m button? All good if it is I'm just not sure if I'm missing anything?

2. When I am setting up the M buttons I can easily set the active exhaust to open or not but I can't find the default setting when I'm not in M1 or M2. Every time I start the car its open even off I turn it off before I turn the car off.. and don't get me wrong I love it but sometime for daily driving I like to not have it open. Is there a way to change the default setting outside of the M buttons?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 10:48 PM   #2
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
1. M Mode changes the display (speedometer and HUD) to either “Road” or “Sport/Track.” It is completely independent from the M1/M2 buttons. If you want the sport display, you have to toggle the M Mode button. M1/M2 have no effect on the display itself.

2. The car always defaults to “Efficient” mode when starting the engine. Valves are closed during start up. What you’re hearing is the cold start where the engine provides a sustained higher RPM (around 1K) with the wastegates fully open to warm up the cats as quickly as possible. Exhaust valves are closed during this time. You can hear the difference by changing the engine parameter to “Sport” during cold start… the sound will be even louder but more importantly, deeper in tone.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 2
Golf_GL90.50
      12-16-2022, 03:15 AM   #3
JDS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 MBB F97 X3MC

Hi, I started a thread on this some time ago and unfortunately it's seems it is currently not possible.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1954423

James.
Gone: 2015 F80 M3 - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 07:33 AM   #4
uswjes85
Rep
Drives: 23 MBB X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
1. M Mode changes the display (speedometer and HUD) to either “Road” or “Sport/Track.” It is completely independent from the M1/M2 buttons. If you want the sport display, you have to toggle the M Mode button. M1/M2 have no effect on the display itself.

2. The car always defaults to “Efficient” mode when starting the engine. Valves are closed during start up. What you’re hearing is the cold start where the engine provides a sustained higher RPM (around 1K) with the wastegates fully open to warm up the cats as quickly as possible. Exhaust valves are closed during this time. You can hear the difference by changing the engine parameter to “Sport” during cold start… the sound will be even louder but more importantly, deeper in tone.
Thanks! I appreciate the info.
Appreciate 0