BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-11-2023, 05:57 PM   #1
Gurkenastronaut
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Competition (F97)

X3 M Comp (F97) - Launch Control

Hello everyone,

first of all I wish you a happy new year!

I got an X3 M Competition this year and had some challenges with the Launch Control. So I know the steps (put all settings for M2) and go full throttle on the break and gas. I see the preparation for launch control and sometimes I see that the car is ready (flag + ready) and get the launch

Nevertheless, often the brakes can't hold the car (even while I'm pressing the brakes as hard as possible) so the car will start moving and stops the launch control and I go full throttle to the rpm limiter of the first gear... (As it doesn't shift automatically as it canceled launch control)

I tried to change the RPM of the launch control (to reduce the "idle" power) but it didn't change at all when I used the cruise stalk to change it.

So my question would be if you have similar challenges and maybe have a tipp for me so that I can always have a clean launch

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 09:09 AM   #2
cutnsew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M

I can never seem to get it to work consistently. From my amateur experience foot braking to ~2100 gets a pretty similar launch with no risk of overriding the brakes. You just have to either have it in D3 or pay attention so you don’t miss a shift point in S3
Appreciate 1