F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > Friend had accident in car please read!
Studio RSR

01-18-2023, 07:18 AM   #1
Luke330d
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 330d xdrive

Friend had accident in car please read!

hey guys,

not sure if im posting it the right place or not,

i recently rented my car out to an old friend for a weekend and it come back to me in quite bad shape, turns out he had a drink and went flying over one of our famous roundabouts in milton keynes at about 60-80 mph i was told, i know the two front shocks have gone, needed to replace two front wheels as the driver side had a huge dent/hole in it and the left was useable but i found somebody selling two the same as mine so changed the both as the backs have no damage atall, okay we got the wheels on we know the shocks have gone, so we started the car all seemed good drove to the end of the street and back engine was fine but steering wheel is 45 degrees left, so we have shock problems and at the very least very bad misaligned tracking from hitting the curb? ive had the wheels off and havent noticed any broken arms etc, so decided to leave the car a few days as i currently dont have the money to get it in a garage, turns out ive had to move the car from where it was being kept it was around 2 mile journey proberly not a good decision but i decided to drive it as the only warning signs i was getting was stabilization and flat tyre warnings (as i didnt swap the tyre sensors yet) now im noticing under throttle im getting a knocking noise coming from the front of my car the knocking gets faster and louder when the car gains speed im not sure weither the knocking is coming from the speed of the car or the revs in the engine as the knocking stops when i stop throttling, but even when cars in motion and i put it in N and rev it no knocking and even when car is in P and rev no knocking, is this a rod bearing? i really hope not, shouldnt it knock all the time? really dont have the money for that lol! hope somebody can help me or point me in the right direction as alot of garages around me like to charge a time and half i dont have a specific mechanic i go to im from the milton keynes area, any help or knowledge is appreciated im not a fully qualified mechanic but i have general knowledge and have worked on cars, i also dont have many tools but i can have a go anything to save money lol! thanks guys TIA!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 07:35 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Let your insurance company deal with it. That's what insurance is for.
Appreciate 0