F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Can I return my OBD2 adapter and still flash to stock with a different adapter?
ARMA SPEED

01-19-2023, 03:47 AM   #1
rated_m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Can I return my OBD2 adapter and still flash to stock with a different adapter?

I have a F30 340i and I have the THOR wifi adapter and I used that to flash XHP on my transmission. They listed that the adapter is compatible with MHD ECU tune also, but that is not the case. So, I bought an MHD adapter for my ECU tune that I'm planning to install. XHP also works with MHD so, I don't need the THOR adapter anymore. Therefore, I am planning to return the THOR adapter since they mislead me on the MHD tune compatibility.

My question is that will I be able to flash my transmission back to stock with the MHD OBD2 adapter or will I have to keep my THOR OBD2 adapter since my vehicle info is on the THOR adapter?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 06:13 AM   #2
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

The adaptor has no memory - nothing is "on" it - it is just an interface device!

And that answers your question - you can(re)flash with any compatible adaptor, you can mix and match or use a different one every time - it does not matter, as long as there is compatibility.
      01-19-2023, 08:06 AM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
The adapter just supplies a standard connection. Doesn’t matter which adapter you use. The application doesn’t know the difference.
Appreciate 0