BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-07-2023, 04:58 AM   #1
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

New X3 Owner

Hey all,

After selling my pre-lci X3 M40i around 18-months ago and having various different cars in the mean time I'm back and have placed a deposit on a 22-plate X3 M40i LCI, which I should be collecting next Friday - Rough spec is Black Sapphire, Oyster Interior, Tech Pack and Laser Lights.

Quick question though, although it has the Tech pack it is listed as have the wireless charger deleted, which is OK as on my pre-lci M40i it wasn't very good. However, no one seems to know if it still comes with the enhanced Bluetooth capability? It still has HUD/Gesture Control/Wifi etc...

Also it doesn't seem to have the M style mirror caps? I thought all LCI came with them?

Cheers,

Dave
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 07:00 AM   #2
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

This must be a UK specific question with the bluetooth as in the USA there are no bluetooth options, it's all just standard.
      04-07-2023, 11:13 AM   #3
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveface View Post
Hey all,

After selling my pre-lci X3 M40i around 18-months ago and having various different cars in the mean time I'm back and have placed a deposit on a 22-plate X3 M40i LCI, which I should be collecting next Friday - Rough spec is Black Sapphire, Oyster Interior, Tech Pack and Laser Lights.

Quick question though, although it has the Tech pack it is listed as have the wireless charger deleted, which is OK as on my pre-lci M40i it wasn't very good. However, no one seems to know if it still comes with the enhanced Bluetooth capability? It still has HUD/Gesture Control/Wifi etc...

Also it doesn't seem to have the M style mirror caps? I thought all LCI came with them?

Cheers,

Dave
The LCI M40 should have M mirrors as standard, my does.

AFAIK the wireless/enhanced BT/phone amplifier, are gone on 22 MY in the UK due to supply chain issues.

This is what was not available -
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-07-2023, 11:54 AM   #4
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
The LCI M40 should have M mirrors as standard, my does.

AFAIK the wireless/enhanced BT/phone amplifier, are gone on 22 MY in the UK due to supply chain issues.

This is what was not available -
Thanks for that, yeah that’s what I thought. All LCI should have the M Mirrors. The pictures I have arnt the best (distance purchase) so I have asked for more detailed ones and if it doesn’t have them why not. Not a deal breaker but I do like them! Can’t cost that much for replacement caps if I really wanted them (or wanted them to fit them) definitely an LCI lol

Again, I thought Supply chain was the reason the the exclusion. I just wasn’t sure if with the removal of the wireless charger you also lost the enhanced Bluetooth. I’m guessing the answer is probably.

Thanks for the help
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Artdnj397.00
      04-07-2023, 01:39 PM   #5
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for that, yeah that’s what I thought. All LCI should have the M Mirrors. The pictures I have arnt the best (distance purchase) so I have asked for more detailed ones and if it doesn’t have them why not. Not a deal breaker but I do like them! Can’t cost that much for replacement caps if I really wanted them (or wanted them to fit them) definitely an LCI lol

Again, I thought Supply chain was the reason the the exclusion. I just wasn’t sure if with the removal of the wireless charger you also lost the enhanced Bluetooth. I’m guessing the answer is probably.

Thanks for the help
They should look like mine, which is also Black Sapphire.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ASAP10253.00
      04-07-2023, 02:17 PM   #6
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
They should look like mine, which is also Black Sapphire.
Nice one thank you, yours looks awesome! Can’t wait to collect mine. Looking at some other picture I’m 99% sure mine doesn’t have them. I will ask them to check and if not hopefully swap or fit some. From what I have seen they don’t seem to be massively expensive to swap!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 06:42 PM   #7
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Nice one thank you, yours looks awesome! Can’t wait to collect mine. Looking at some other picture I’m 99% sure mine doesn’t have them. I will ask them to check and if not hopefully swap or fit some. From what I have seen they don’t seem to be massively expensive to swap!
Well, if you go OEM and pay out of pocket, i think they're a few hundred a piece here in US.
      04-08-2023, 02:06 AM   #8
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
Well, if you go OEM and pay out of pocket, i think they're a few hundred a piece here in US.
Well first port of call will be to see if the dealer will swap them foc. If not then maybe 50/50. But if your right that they are a few hundred then may as well get some aftermarket ones. I was just basing the cost of the normal black caps which seem to be around £50 each.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 08:58 PM   #9
EWL5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Is the '22 car used? It's possible those mirrors may have been in an accident...
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2023, 01:17 AM   #10
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post
Is the '22 car used? It's possible those mirrors may have been in an accident...
Its an approved used, however it was there demo/dealer principal car. The video I saw of it only had 500miles on it so not likely it’s been bumped.

As I say, I have asked them to explain it. Just won’t hear back until after the Easter break.

Last edited by daveface; 04-09-2023 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
EWL5914.50
      04-11-2023, 12:22 PM   #11
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

So, turns out it was just a terrible photoshop effort by the dealer.... pics below from the advert and a picture from today Although in the second picture if you zoom in you can just about see the flicks ... slightly.

Either way happy days and I will be collecting on Friday
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 03:31 PM   #12
akin67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Were you able to get a good discount?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 03:53 PM   #13
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So, turns out it was just a terrible photoshop effort by the dealer.... pics below from the advert and a picture from today Although in the second picture if you zoom in you can just about see the flicks ... slightly.

Glad you’re sorted. Though it would be strange not to have them.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2023, 06:35 AM   #14
EWL5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:

Perhaps I'm missing something but why does the dealer need to photoshop?
Appreciate 1
509er591.00
      04-12-2023, 07:01 AM   #15
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something but why does the dealer need to photoshop?
They apparently photoshop a generic bmw background onto the car listings. I guess its so they all look the same and all look professional rather than pictures of cars sitting on car forecourt.
Appreciate 1
EWL5914.50
      04-12-2023, 07:06 AM   #16
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akin67 View Post
Kind of, I told them what I had to p/x and what amount I was willing to pay as a cost to change and asked them if they could make the numbers work, which they did. I need to look into the actual % discount off the forecourt price.
Appreciate 1
akin67450.50
      04-12-2023, 09:02 AM   #17
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Kind of, I told them what I had to p/x and what amount I was willing to pay as a cost to change and asked them if they could make the numbers work, which they did. I need to look into the actual % discount off the forecourt price.
If it were me, I'd get those Oyster seats or any other leather protected with a dye transfer blocker as soon as. Something like Dr Leather Bye Block or Colourlock Leather Shield, that doesn't change the appearance of the leather.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2023, 09:36 AM   #18
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If it were me, I'd get those Oyster seats or any other leather protected with a dye transfer blocker as soon as. Something like Dr Leather Bye Block or Colourlock Leather Shield, that doesn't change the appearance of the leather.
Thanks, yeah I plan to do just that. I have a full swissvax kit that I never used when I had a Porsche Macan that I will probably apply. I also have a full unused Mercedes star guard kit that I could also use!

Previously I had a Mercedes E53 wagon with white leather and just cleaned it every couple of weeks with Dodo Juice cleaner and sealer which worked well
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #19
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, yeah I plan to do just that. I have a full swissvax kit that I never used when I had a Porsche Macan that I will probably apply. I also have a full unused Mercedes star guard kit that I could also use!

Previously I had a Mercedes E53 wagon with white leather and just cleaned it every couple of weeks with Dodo Juice cleaner and sealer which worked well
I've only ever used Dr Leather and Colourlock, as they specialize in leather, and have proper product testing/results. There are probably loads of options, just not sure I'd trust some of them, even from well known detailing brands.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 01:11 PM   #20
daveface
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've only ever used Dr Leather and Colourlock, as they specialize in leather, and have proper product testing/results. There are probably loads of options, just not sure I'd trust some of them, even from well known detailing brands.
Something like this?

Colourlock Mild Smooth Leather Cleaning And Care Set with Leather Coating https://amzn.eu/d/1rzGj8T
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 01:57 PM   #21
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Something like this?

Colourlock Mild Smooth Leather Cleaning And Care Set with Leather Coating https://amzn.eu/d/1rzGj8T
This

https://www.colourlock.co.uk/Leather-Shield/11012-en/

Or this

https://www.drleather.com/leather-cleaner

Both also offer mild vehicle leather cleaner.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2023, 03:32 AM   #22
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akin67 View Post
My guess is a used 22 plate M40i would be advertised by a BMW dealer somewhere between £52-58k~ depending on mileage, options, condition etc.

Some options like DAP, are less common and harder to find, so may push the price up a bit.

In the UK, discounts aren't as big today as in the recent past, particularly if you have a trade-in, which muddies the water. Not that long ago it was relatively easy to get 13-15% off MRSP and finance <3% on a new M40, which could mean a new car cost less than a recent used car LOL.
Appreciate 0