BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

04-28-2023, 01:24 AM   #1
Ausc
Rep
Drives: a car

G30 M-performance brakes on G42

Hi! Just bought a G42 m240 (blue m sport brakes) and its an amazing car. Only complaint is the break fee,l which is a bit too loose in my opinion, missing that initial bite. Contemplating a brake upgrade and I am looking at two options:

-M performance brakes for g20 which fits for sure, got a quote for them from a local diler based on my vin. Not sure if worth the upgrade over stock though.

-or the option I am more interested in, m-performance brakes for g30/31, which are still 4 pot front, but bigger, 395mm rotors. Based on some posts here on the forum they fit perfectly on g30, se they should probably also on g42? Part number 34112289348.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 04:41 PM   #2
heelsmj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240 Xdrive Retired M340

You may want to consider changing the brake lines first. I have seen a few posts of people that have done that and said it made a considerable difference including a car how tracks his car and has pulled out the rear seat. It is way cheaper and may fix your main complaint. I am still in break in and haven’t gone all out on my car but my initial impression is the brakes are way to soft. I am hope it it is just pedal feel and not actually stopping power. I am coming from a 2020 M340 and the feel is completely different. The M340 had incredible brakes. Brake lines are going to be my first “performance “ mod.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2023, 07:43 PM   #3
m_g42bmw
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Definitely agree with the poster above stainless steel. Brake lines will be night and day if you’re looking for an early bite once you press the pedal. I’ve also been on the fence about brakes I think in a few years, I may upgrade to this kit which is supported by BMW
https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...J5IFBhZ2Umaz0x
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 03:50 AM   #4
Ausc
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsmj View Post
You may want to consider changing the brake lines first. I have seen a few posts of people that have done that and said it made a considerable difference including a car how tracks his car and has pulled out the rear seat. It is way cheaper and may fix your main complaint. I am still in break in and haven’t gone all out on my car but my initial impression is the brakes are way to soft. I am hope it it is just pedal feel and not actually stopping power. I am coming from a 2020 M340 and the feel is completely different. The M340 had incredible brakes. Brake lines are going to be my first “performance “ mod.
Thank you. Yeah, I think (hope) its more about a break feel than the actual stopping power. As you said, the pedal is waaay to soft for my taste and really doesn't give you much confidence when braking hard.. You maybe have a link to that topic or some exact recommendations on what to get?

Best,
Rok
Appreciate 0