BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-06-2023, 09:48 AM   #1
CanesM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 Twilight Purple/Ivory

Lease buy out

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this. Am i still able to sell my car to another dealer before my lease is up? I did it with my last lease and made a little money on it but I heard/read that BMW financial is not allowing that any longer? Does anyone know if that is the case? I've got a year left on my current lease and can make about 13k if I sold it to a dealer right now. Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 10:30 AM   #2
Tuscan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Public Transportation

It has to be a BMW dealer. Or you can work with a dealer group like Autonation, Group 1, Lithia, Penske etc where they have BMW dealers under their network.
      05-06-2023, 10:46 AM   #3
CanesM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 Twilight Purple/Ivory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan View Post
It has to be a BMW dealer. Or you can work with a dealer group like Autonation, Group 1, Lithia, Penske etc where they have BMW dealers under their network.
Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 12:17 PM   #4
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Not true.
My wife “traded” her X3 lease (8 months left) for an Acura MDX. They gave her $3k “credit” toward the MDX although KBB was showing lower value. About 2 weeks later, the lease account with BMWFS showed as “inactive”
No issues at all. Happened second week of February
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 12:25 PM   #5
Tuscan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Public Transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
Not true.
My wife “traded” her X3 lease (8 months left) for an Acura MDX. They gave her $3k “credit” toward the MDX although KBB was showing lower value. About 2 weeks later, the lease account with BMWFS showed as “inactive”
No issues at all. Happened second week of February
Which Acura dealer is it? They must have asked a BMW store to do the buyout for them.
      05-06-2023, 12:27 PM   #6
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Which Acura dealer is it? They must have asked a BMW store to do the buyout for them.
Could be. It is the Park Place Acura dealer. Right across is the Sewell BMW, competitors though
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 05:19 AM   #7
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesM4 View Post
Hopefully someone knows the answer to this. Am i still able to sell my car to another dealer before my lease is up? I did it with my last lease and made a little money on it but I heard/read that BMW financial is not allowing that any longer? Does anyone know if that is the case? I've got a year left on my current lease and can make about 13k if I sold it to a dealer right now. Thanks in advance for any help.
Doesn't have to be a pure BMW dealership either you can sell it to an online place that leases BMWs also.

https://leasehackr.com/blog/equityhackr

Fill out the bottom and they will contact you the offers are pretty fair and they are responsive.
Appreciate 1
CanesM4508.00