ohibo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
  [0.00]
Auto-theft alarm video recording

This was a surprise to me. Looks like the iX has some sort of sentry mode. I mistakenly trigger my iXM60 auto-theft alarm yesterday and it sent me to My BMW app on my phone a video of the event capturing a video from all angle and also a 3D photo. This is actually something I wish it had and apparently it does. Don’t know if any of you also had this happen. Also while there I noticed four more alarm video and photo events from when I had the car in the shop for software issues fixing.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 07:49 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohibo View Post
This was a surprise to me. Looks like the iX has some sort of sentry mode. I mistakenly trigger my iXM60 auto-theft alarm yesterday and it sent me to My BMW app on my phone a video of the event capturing a video from all angle and also a 3D photo. This is actually something I wish it had and apparently it does. Don’t know if any of you also had this happen. Also while there I noticed four more alarm video and photo events from when I had the car in the shop for software issues fixing.
I received an alarm notification when my vehicle was in for service just recently. I tried to watch the video, but it was worthless. I ended up with more questions than answers.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 07:52 PM   #3
darylp310
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Garage List
2023 BMW iX50  [0.00]
I knew about this mode, but it does seem very hard to trigger. Compared to Tesla which has a hair trigger. I'm not sure which way I prefer: a) lots of false positives and unnecessarily draining the battery, or b) rarely triggering but amazing battery conservation!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 10:52 AM   #4
SGiXers
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW iX X drive40

I was fixing my rim at a tyre shop. When they were jacking up my ride, the alarm went off. The recorder captured the event. All 4 cameras and a message pushed to MyBMW app. At least I know it works.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 11:53 AM   #5
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGiXers View Post
I was fixing my rim at a tyre shop. When they were jacking up my ride, the alarm went off. The recorder captured the event. All 4 cameras and a message pushed to MyBMW app. At least I know it works.
I got the event sent to my app, but I never got a video although it told me there was one. Perhaps it was when they were discharging the batteries during service.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 12:22 PM   #6
SGiXers
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW iX X drive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I got the event sent to my app, but I never got a video although it told me there was one. Perhaps it was when they were discharging the batteries during service.
The footage was saved in the RECORDER app in the idrive. I could download it 8nto my thumb drive and play it on my mobile devices.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 05:16 PM   #7
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Same experience recently when my son insisted on waiting in the car while I went to grab a file from my office the other day, and the iX auto-locked when I walked away with my iPhone. He set off the interior motion alarm, but app notified of available video, but following link found nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGiXers View Post
The footage was saved in the RECORDER app in the idrive. I could download it 8nto my thumb drive and play it on my mobile devices.

I'll need to go check in the iDrive to see if there's an available recording there to view/download.
Appreciate 2
      06-20-2023, 05:27 PM   #8
ricerboi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i, G30 M550i, iX 50i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX 50i  [7.50]
It’s pretty useless. The lag between the app and the car is so bad that you will never see anything “real-time” and it’s just a snapshot that’s basically useless.
Appreciate 3