BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Introducing the BMW X1 M35i xDrive. 312 HP, 295 Lb-ft, 0-60 5.2s

06-27-2023, 04:53 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Introducing the BMW X1 M35i xDrive. 312 HP, 295 Lb-ft, 0-60 5.2s

The BMW X1 M35i xDrive.

Name:  P90509733.jpeg
Views: 10757
Size:  1,013.1 KB

• The most powerful 4-cylinder in BMW’s modular engine portfolio at 312 hp.
  • 0-60 in just 5.2 seconds on to a top speed of 155 mph.
  • Standard Adaptive M Suspension and available M Compound brakes.
  • The latest BMW iDrive featuring BMW Operating System 9.
  • Base MSRP: $49,900 plus $995 destination and handling.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 27, 2023…A performance model with unmistakable M character takes its place at the top of the new BMW X1 range. The new 2024 BMW X1 M35i xDrive builds on the emotional driving pleasure that lies at the heart of BMW’s compact Sports Activity Vehicle with an injection of the power, agility and precision for which M models are celebrated. Its 2.0-liter 4-cylinder motor is part of the new modular generation of BMW Group Efficient Dynamics engines and uses M TwinPower Turbo technology to produce 312 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

With this newfound energy, the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive races from rest to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds, on to a top speed electronically limited to 155 mph. M-specific chassis technology – including the option of M Compound brakes for the first time on an M performance model – is integrated with BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive to deliver sublime performance characteristics.

The sharper character of the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive is clearly apparent both inside and out. The new range-topping performance model comes with exclusive design and equipment features typically reserved for high-performance cars from BMW M GmbH. These include the two pairs of exhaust tailpipes and the optional M Sport seats with illuminated M logos.

The new BMW X1 M35i xDrive also breaks new ground in terms of digital technology: it is the first model to feature the new BMW iDrive with QuickSelect and BMW Operating System 9.

The US launch of the new 2024 BMW X1 M35i xDrive will begin in October 2023. The flagship model will be built at BMW Group Plant Regensburg, together with all other variants of the new BMW X1.

New 4-cylinder engine with power to spare.

The most potent 4-cylinder version of the latest modular generation of engines delivers the raw power that the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive turns into captivating performance. Various innovations set these new engines apart from previous generations, such as the adoption of the Miller combustion cycle, redesigned intake ports and combustion chambers, and changes to the camshaft timing, injection, ignition system, and exhaust gas routing.

Among the 2.0-liter unit’s M-specific highlights are a new, stronger crankshaft, an optimized oil supply system for the pistons with cooling channels, and main bearing shells and caps carried over from the latest-generation 6-cylinder engines. It is also equipped with VANOS variable camshaft timing with optimized oil supply for the actuator and VALVETRONIC fully variable valve timing. The result of these enhancements is 312 hp produced between 5,750 and 6,500 rpm, and peak torque of 295 lb-ft from 2,000 to 4,500 rpm.

The new motor’s spirited power is accompanied by an assertive bark from the M-specific exhaust system. The new BMW X1 M35i xDrive is the first M performance model to feature two pairs of twin tailpipes. Nestled neatly into the left and right of the rear apron, they are a signature feature of high-performance models from BMW M and have now been adopted by the most powerful member of the compact SAV range.

7-speed double clutch Steptronic transmission with M Sport Boost.

The 7-speed Steptronic transmission fitted to the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive stands out with its ultra-sharp shift action. Shift paddles on the steering wheel allow quick manual gear changes.

The M Sport Boost function is also available for situations in which rapid bursts of speed are required. When the driver pulls and holds the left-hand shift paddle for at least one second, all the powertrain and chassis systems are switched to their sportiest setting.

Supreme traction and agility: BMW xDrive all-wheel drive, mechanical limited-slip differential at the front axle.

The BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel-drive system ensures that power is distributed between the front and rear wheels as required in any situation. The system is in constant communication with the chassis control network. A hang-on clutch with electro-hydraulic control allows drive torque to be directed to the rear wheels in a matter of milliseconds, providing significantly greater traction, directional stability, and balanced handling.

The all-wheel-drive system is assisted by the mechanical limited-slip differential built into the 7-speed Steptronic transmission of the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive. This serves to limit the difference in rotational speed between the front wheels, boosting agility and handling dynamics when taking corners at speed and increasing traction over loose terrain or in adverse weather conditions.

Adaptive M suspension and sport steering as standard.

Standard specification for the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive includes BMW’s adjustable Adaptive M Suspension. Pressure peaks inside the dampers are smoothed out with the help of additional valves that are active on the rebound side. As a result, the system offers comfortable response when absorbing minor bumps in the road surface combined with sporty damper characteristics in dynamic driving situations. And the standard sport steering pairs Servotronic speed-sensitive power assistance with a very direct rack ratio.

Integrated braking system with the option of M Compound brakes.

The integrated braking system fitted to the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive is more than up to the task of keeping all the available power under control while providing excellent feedback through the brake pedal. It packages the brake activation, brake booster, and braking control functions within a single compact module, while an electric actuator is used to initiate the required brake pressure.

The new BMW X1 M35i xDrive is the first M performance model to offer optional M Compound brakes, comprising four-piston, fixed-caliper brakes with 15.2-inch drilled discs at the front wheels and single-piston, floating-caliper units with integrated parking brake and 13.0-inch discs at the rear. The inner-vented brake discs are composed of a grey cast iron ring and an aluminum chamber. The M Compound brakes offer very comfortable braking, superb feel, and stable stopping power under high loads. In addition to this, weight has been minimized and unsprung masses are substantially lower compared with conventional braking systems. The brake calipers are finished in high-gloss grey and bear the M logo.

Near-actuator wheel slip limitation for sharper agility.

Contributing to the BMW X1 M35i xDrive’s inspiring combination of resolute handling poise and supreme agility is near-actuator wheel slip limitation technology. In this system, the traction control function is integrated into the engine management. This eliminates the long signal paths to the DSC control unit, meaning that the corrective inputs are applied up to ten times faster than in conventional systems and with exceptional precision. Near-actuator wheel slip limitation thereby ensures optimum traction (even on slippery roads), unwavering straight-line composure under hard acceleration, and excellent directional stability in corners.

19-inch M light-alloy wheels as standard.

M Double-spoke bi-color wheels measuring 19 inches in diameter mounted on all-season non-runflat tires are the final piece of the unique chassis specification of the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive. Three 20-inch light-alloy wheel designs on performance non-runflat tires are optional.

Distinctive design with familiar M details: M kidney grille with vertical double bars, M exterior mirror caps, and a quartet of exhaust tailpipes.

The M-specific exterior design cues of the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive reflect the technical requirements of a performance vehicle in terms of cooling air provision and aerodynamic balance. A front apron with large air intakes ensures the engine, transmission, and brakes always remain within their optimum temperature windows, even under hard driving. Prominent side skirt extensions, a model-specific roof spoiler, and a rear apron with diffuser inlay showcase the performance-led character of the X1 M35i xDrive.

The BMW M kidney grille of the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive bears the M logo and sports vertical double bars. Black M exterior mirror caps with twin-stalk design highlight the view in profile. At the back, four exhaust tailpipes – each with a diameter of 3.1 inches – integrated into the model-specific rear apron lets onlookers know that they’re looking at the most powerful model in the series.

M-specific interior, optional M Sport seats.

The promise of a high-performance experience is reiterated inside the cabin. Highlights include an Alcantara-trimmed instrument panel, Aluminum Hexacube Dark interior trim elements, an anthracite-colored headliner, M door sill trim, M pedals, the M-specific graphics of the BMW Curved Display – and, optionally, the BMW Head-Up Display – and an M leather steering wheel with shift paddles.

Standard equipment for the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive includes black Sensatec/Alcantara sport seats with blue contrast stitching. Leather-like Veganza upholstery is optional. The optional M Sport seats offer a wide range of electrical adjustment and feature an illuminated M logo in the upper section of the backrests.

The sporty interior ambience is balanced with its functionality. The rear seat of the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive is split 40:20:40, and the tilt angle of each section can also be adjusted. The cargo capacity can be expanded from 25.7 cubic feet to a maximum of 46.9 cubic feet with the rear seatbacks folded.

Sophisticated options enable precise individualization.

The optional M Sport Professional Package adds extended Shadowline exterior trim and M Shadowline headlights to the X1 M35i xDrive’s already distinctive exterior design. Also included are red calipers for the standard M Sport brakes (the standard blue calipers may also be specified), and M Sport seats.

The new BMW X1 M35i xDrive comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, BMW Live Cockpit Plus including the BMW Maps navigation system, M roof rails in high-gloss Shadowline, automatic tailgate operation, and a Harman Kardon premium sound system, plus four USB-C ports and two 12V power sockets.

A wide array of cutting-edge driver assistance systems can also be specified. Already fitted as standard are Frontal Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation, Active Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning, and Active Park Distance Control. The Driving Assistance Plus Package adds Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go and Steering & Lane Control Assistant. Upgrading further to the Driving Assistance Professional Package adds Active Lane Keeping Assistant with side collision avoidance and the Traffic Jam Assistant, which allows attentive hands-free driving on limited access highways at speeds up to 37 mph as well as active navigation guidance, Automatic Lange Change, exit warning, and front and rear cross traffic warning.

The optional Premium Package includes the interior camera with anti-theft recording, Surround View with 3D View, Drive Recorder, and Video Augmented Reality overlays with navigation directions. Existing functions can be upgraded by means of the Remote Software Upgrades facility, which also makes it possible to add new functions (availability depends on the hardware fitted in the vehicle and the market conditions).

BMW iDrive with QuickSelect and Operating System 9.

The new BMW X1 M35i xDrive is BMW’s first model to feature the updated version of the control/operation system BMW iDrive with QuickSelect and BMW Operating System 9. To make selecting and operating various functions and digital services more intuitive and comfortable, the latest generation of BMW iDrive offers a newly designed home screen and QuickSelect functionality. This brings an improved menu structure that takes its cues from consumer electronics devices. By showing the right information in the right place, the new BMW iDrive enhances the X1 M35i xDrive’s focused, assured driving experience.

The updated BMW iDrive system with QuickSelect in the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive is underpinned by BMW Operating System 9. This technology enables a broader offering of digital content for information and entertainment, shorter function update cycles, and improved access to a host of specific online services. BMW iDrive with QuickSelect integrates with the BMW Curved Display and BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant and is therefore geared to operation using the touchscreen and natural language.

The new home screen of BMW Operating System 9 always displays the navigation system’s map view or other individually configurable graphics. On the same level, function icons appear in a vertical arrangement on the driver’s side of the control display, which the driver can navigate by swiping up or down. QuickSelect rapid-access tech allows the requested function to be accessed directly and without having to pass through a submenu. And once the relevant settings have been chosen, a tap on the home icon at the lower edge of the display is all it takes to return to the home screen. Alongside the home symbol now are the symbols for direct access to the climate control menu, the All Apps menu, and Apple CarPlay® / Android Auto™, if activated.

The new, flat menu structure makes activating functions and settings much more convenient. The on-board digital content – just like the hardware, in the form of the BMW Curved Display – is designed to enhance the driver focus for which BMW is renowned. To ensure intuitive operation while on the move, the graphical interface and menu structure feature a layout developed by BMW Group Design that is both consistent and characteristic of the brand.

Range of digital services can be expanded as desired.

Among the standard features of the updated BMW iDrive in the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive is the latest generation of the cloud-based navigation system BMW Maps. Added to which, the services and apps already introduced in the new BMW X1 are also available with BMW Operating System 9. For example, the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant and other voice-controlled assistants, the BMW ConnectedDrive Store, BMW Remote Software Upgrades, smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay® / Android Auto™, and My Modes can also be used in the new BMW X1 M35i xDrive. Specifying the optional Personal e-SIM also ensures the car’s antenna system is set up to work with 5G mobile technology.

BMW Operating System 9 also lays the groundwork for a highly customizable selection of additional digital services. The new BMW Digital Premium offering gives customers access to an expanded BMW ConnectedDrive Store. This means they can use all the apps for music streaming, news or gaming, on a subscription basis. BMW Digital Premium also features enhanced BMW Maps navigation functions and extended functionality for the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, plus additional My Modes. Optional benefits include data usage for all digital services and the apps available from the BMW ConnectedDrive Store, including music streaming. BMW Digital Premium can be downloaded in the vehicle from the BMW ConnectedDrive Store, via the My BMW App or on the web. Customers can choose from monthly or annual payment plans, both of which provide maximum flexibility when putting together a selection of digital services tailored to their personal requirements.

Major standard equipment.

19-inch M Double-spoke bi-color wheels style 871M with all-season non-runflat tires
Adaptive M Suspension
M Sport Brakes with blue calipers
LED headlights with cornering lights
Harman/Kardon Premium sound system
BMW Curved Display
ConnectedDrive Services
Wireless Device Charging
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
Active Blind Spot Detection
Frontal Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation
Lane Departure Warning

Major optional equipment and packages.

Driving Assistance Plus Package
  • Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go
  • Steering and Lane Control Assistant
Driving Assistance Professional Package
  • Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go
  • Active Lane Keeping Assistant with Side Collision Avoidance
  • Traffic Jam Assistant
Shadowline Package
  • M Shadowline lights
  • Extended Shadowline trim
M Sport Professional Package
  • M Sport Brakes with red (or standard blue) calipers
  • M Compound Brakes with grey high gloss calipers
  • M Shadowline lights
  • Extended Shadowline trim
Premium Package
  • Universal garage door opener
  • Panoramic moonroof
  • Interior camera
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • Head-up Display
  • Live Cockpit Professional including Navigation
  • Anti-theft Recorder
  • Surround View with 3D View
Remote Engine Start
20-inch light alloy wheels with performance non-runflat tires
M Compound Brakes with grey high-gloss calipers
Panoramic moonroof
Eucalyptus open-pore fine wood trim
Aluminum trim with mesh effect
M Sport seats
Heated front seats and steering wheel

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 2.41.35 PM.jpg
Views: 9849
Size:  123.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 2.41.43 PM.jpg
Views: 9777
Size:  201.8 KB

BMW X1 M35i xDrive

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 30
bcjbmwm3340.00
atl_1M1520.00
jmack1231300.50
P_GT38.50
chicagofan0019155.00
M3 boi3211.00
dfc888108.00
carjoy322.50
Mavus2031.00
khailuan112.50
jpf3409.00
GuyOh1067.00
Fidiman113.00
playswcars3633.50
heavyD^23688.50
LimiX4m40152.50
oz555672.00
      06-27-2023, 05:03 PM   #2
Faris Ahmed
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m340iب بر ر بسسيط

Adaptive m suspension standard
Iam in
Appreciate 5
      06-27-2023, 05:04 PM   #3
bcjbmwm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Not bad for a small crossover. If you don’t need something big looks like it will be a nice choice. The quad exhaust is interesting, I thought that was just a m car thing.
      06-27-2023, 05:05 PM   #4
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
In an age of shall we say interesting BMW designs, this is a really nice design inside and out.
Appreciate 15
M3 boi3211.00
harkes1078.00
G30 B581548.00
Raikkonen338.50
NGT25622.00
Pinkoboe226.50
aznazasin729.00
heavyD^23688.50
siegester344.50
banned63.50
      06-27-2023, 05:05 PM   #5
P_GT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 540i

Very nice, glad they added the bigger engine option
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 05:05 PM   #6
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Looks like it has way too much M kit for what it is. Looks similar to the M sport seats, and even has quad tailpipes. The meaning of M has been diluted heavily.
AndrewC198910931.00
MDuckie94.50
WWM3968.00
RustyBitz1573.50
Drj161594.50
JustChris17489.00
Redgoat10.50
CruzM3284.00
Penguino1605.00
BMWZ41909.50
Savage_M3301.00
aznazasin729.00
KoenG1428.50
Niko ZV118.00
BigHunk269.50
      06-27-2023, 05:06 PM   #7
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Nice!
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 1
GA140.00
      06-27-2023, 05:06 PM   #8
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87

Surprisingly, looks pretty good.

Thank god they didn’t go overboard on styling and didnt use the Halo sword taillight design from the X3.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2023, 05:07 PM   #9
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

It’s nice. Traditionally, these low budget M Perferomance models haven’t done all that well. It’s such a small niche market which makes me wonder why spend all the R&D money in developing it.

The new X1 is a nice car but I’d never considering it simply for the lack of the idrive controller.
      06-27-2023, 05:08 PM   #10
ThesaVeliona
Starry_Angel
Rep
Drives: '02 Lexus IS300 / '15 BMW 435i

Wondering why BMW didn’t do this for the F48 generation.
      06-27-2023, 05:08 PM   #11
bcjbmwm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Looks like it has way too much M kit for what it is. Looks similar to the M sport seats, and even has quad tailpipes. The meaning of M has been diluted heavily.
Yeah agree, kind of a shame it definitely takes away from the full m cars. I wonder if bmw would make a X1m, probably not.
Cabbage625.50
      06-27-2023, 05:08 PM   #12
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjbmwm3 View Post
“…The quad exhaust is interesting, I thought that was just a m car thing”
///M is basically like Alphabet Soup…
A bite of ///M is now in everything BMW
      06-27-2023, 05:09 PM   #13
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjbmwm3 View Post
Yeah agree, kind of a shame it definitely takes away from the full m cars. I wonder if bmw would make a X1m, probably not.
Would be cool to see a AMG GLA 45 competitor for sure.
      06-27-2023, 05:09 PM   #14
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
I like it. Would be fun if they did a full M variant.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 3
      06-27-2023, 05:10 PM   #15
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Looks great!
      06-27-2023, 05:13 PM   #16
//M235ixD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 //M235i xDrive

Looks pretty sharp!! I think the grill is authentic open/close like z4. Would have been great if were like good old days
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 05:15 PM   #17
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

so.... the exterior looks very much like a regular X1 with M Sport package? the only differences are the mirrors, lower painted skirt, and the rear quad exhaust tips.

is it possible for me to mod my silver X1 xDrive28i with M Sport package to look like the X1 M35i?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 05:20 PM   #18
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Best X1 to date! I'd actually drive this thing. Looks fun!
      06-27-2023, 05:21 PM   #19
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Lots of M stuff here that hasn't shown up on the X3 (yet).

Bucket-like seats.
Quad tail pipes.

As for diluting the M brand, I would hope that M is always pushing the envelope is new an exciting ways and allowing these models to borrow/steal from them.

Once upon a time it was blasphemy for a non-M car to get a sports differential, but I think allowing for these M things in other cars has made the whole range better.

2022 X3 M40i
E46 330i ZHP, E90, E89 Z4, F30 320i "Jalopnik Edition", F80 Comp, F80 CS
Appreciate 8
jmack1231300.50
carjoy322.50
G30 B581548.00
heavyD^23688.50
siegester344.50
      06-27-2023, 05:28 PM   #20
j2dad5389
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

My first initial thoughts:
-Those seats are seriously badass for a non-M car. like wtf?!
-quad exhaust tips? geez
-back to the 35i nameplate? Thought we ditched this with the introduction of the b58 and x40i
-> An "M" car should never have less than 6 cyllinders. no thanks

that’s all!
Appreciate 7
      06-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #21
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

This is pretty much taking over where the current generation X3 ends. The next generation X3 is right around the corner. Next generation X3 is going to be the M50 or M60 designation.. it’s probably gonna be about $75,000 and will have much more horsepower and be bigger than the current X3.
Appreciate 2
jdhiro667.00
Niko ZV118.00
      06-27-2023, 05:34 PM   #22
Goettler_Boost
Old News
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dad5389 View Post
My first initial thought