F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > automate chair to user
Studio RSR

07-09-2023, 02:17 AM   #1
Loctite
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 F36

automate chair to user

Since I now have electric/heated/memory sports seats, I have a small question...

From a convenience point of view, I'll just say...

The car is used by 2 people, both of us naturally have a different preference for the adjustment of the driver's seat, which is why I also chose seats with memory.

Now what happened is that when my wife has used the car the seat is in her position/adjustment, so when I need the car, this seat is still on its setting and I have to set the seat to memory 1 every time before I get in (this also applies the other way around)

Is there any chance we could automate this? So, for example, that I can link MY remote control to memory 1 of the chair and my wife can link HER remote control to memory 2? So if I open the door with my remote control, the chair will automatically be put in my position without me operating the buttons on my chair?

I am very curious if this is possible..

Thanks for contributing ideas
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 04:02 AM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

You can link seat adjustment to personal profile. Use your key and switch to you profile, do seat adjustment and do same for second key with another profile.
When key1 is used it will change profile then seat adjustment will change according to this profile. Same will happen for key2.
You can check the owner manual or guide on youtube
Appreciate 0