E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Loss of power when the engine is hot

07-09-2023, 09:43 AM   #1
timovbg
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 325XI N52B25

Loss of power when the engine is hot

Hello, for a year now I've been struggling with my first BMW, but as they say, what your eyes have seen, your heart cannot forget... The car is an E91 N52B25 XI. In short, when I bought it, it had a blown head gasket and a performance issue. I fixed the head gasket, but the performance problem persists. Of course, it throws an error code - 2A87 - exhaust VANOS. I replaced the lambda sensors, solenoids, cleaned the check valves, spark plugs, and the DISA valves... but no change. The mass airflow sensor is fine. I even replaced the VANOS, but nothing... The error code remains, and the car doesn't perform properly. Here's the interesting part: when the car is cold, for example, when I start it in the morning, it runs very well, has good acceleration, like a different car. But once it warms up... it becomes as slow as a snail 🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️ And don't even get me started on turning on the air conditioning. Here's where it gets even more interesting: if I turn off the engine and start it again, there's good acceleration for about 10 seconds, and then it goes back to its old ways. I've tried everything, official service centers, local mechanics... everyone is stumped. I don't want to sell it because I've invested a lot of money into it, and there's not much I could get for it right now, so I'm still driving it, but this performance issue is really annoying. I would be grateful for any advice!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 11:44 AM   #2
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

check your cam adjuster bolts and cam ledges
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 12:13 PM   #3
timovbg
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 325XI N52B25

Can you give some more info for these bolts?
Appreciate 0