BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-17-2023, 07:41 PM   #1
CARAMBULA
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Bumper Parts and PN

First post everyone. 2019 X5 i40 Xdrive. See attached pics. Someone hit me. Looking to see if I can do this fix on my own and how difficult or if I should just go to body shop. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 10:28 PM   #2
CARAMBULA
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Bump
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 01:26 AM   #3
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

I would take it to a random body shop to get an estimate. They’ll give you a write up of what they think needs to be repaired, including part numbers, use that as a guide to repair it yourself!

The reason I’m replying though is just to warn you that some/most body shops will quote you a new bumper even if the old one is repairable because of the sensors. Apparently body shops are instructed to total any bumper regardless of how minimal the damage is if it has sensors because the bumper might have hidden interior damage that compromise the sensor functionality… total bullshit excuse to steal more money from people paying out of pocket or insurance companies.

I had a super minimal scuff on my M340i bumper (no dent, no nothing just a scuff from accidentally rubbing against it with my waste bin when I was taking my trash to the curb!)… and two of three places tried to replace it for over $2k. finally I found one that would do the paint work, and even that cost me $1k. Unreal… insurance is a scam.

Anyways… is your car alpine white? I’m pretty sure you buy a painted bumper for about $750, but you look like you might have to replace a few parts no matter what.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 07:01 AM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAMBULA View Post
First post everyone. 2019 X5 i40 Xdrive. See attached pics. Someone hit me. Looking to see if I can do this fix on my own and how difficult or if I should just go to body shop. Thanks.
Since yours is a 2019, you can use realoem to find your part numbers and then search for pricing online. Go here, find your car via the menus and then look for the parts you think you might need to replace. There are a number of places online selling parts, including various BMW dealers. As far as replacing the parts yourself, well, sorta depends on your skill level but in the end, there are just people like us working at BMW service centers so its a matter of skill, knowledge, tools and time. You may even find a few YouTube videos showing how bumpers are removed, maybe not on your special car but possibly close enough.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 07:28 AM   #5
SKBSY8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY19 X5 40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
The lower bumper grille is its own individual piece (black one). Same thing happened to my msport as well so I end up buying the part online myself. Got it done at local the body shop and they just charge me with the labor($279 tax included).

They took the bumper out and replace the part from the inner side of it and they put everything back on.

This is the reason why I take it to the local shop because I don’t want to mess up the sensor if I’m going to do it on my own.

You can just use the touch up paint to cover the scratches. Well this depends on you but I would.

Believe this is part for you. The picture might not look the same but the description is for non msport.
Attached Images

Audi Q3
Toyota Corolla S
Nissan Murano
Appreciate 0