BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

07-25-2023, 03:36 PM   #1
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Vehicle Off Cabin HVAC

The BMW Genius phone line could not confirm. Any info on whether you can turn off the car, lock, and walk away but with the HVAC still on? Tesla calls this "Dog Mode", but I'd use it here in the southwest desert for stopping to go into stores, groceries, etc.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 11:48 AM   #2
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
The BMW Genius phone line could not confirm. Any info on whether you can turn off the car, lock, and walk away but with the HVAC still on? Tesla calls this "Dog Mode", but I'd use it here in the southwest desert for stopping to go into stores, groceries, etc.
Yes you can leave on the preconditioning after exiting the vehicle for up to 30 minutes. You can actually call this up remotely from the app as well at any time, as well as schedule preconditioning for daily commute.

We do this on our iX and i7, it’s a great feature!
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4711.00