BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum XB7 driving dynamics vs m50 or m60

08-30-2023, 11:34 AM   #1
e90alpinem3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

XB7 driving dynamics vs m50 or m60

Hi all,

Been researching my next ride and am currently in a Panamera turbo sport turismo. Have kept it for almost 4 years which is the longest I have ever kept one car. Looking for more room and easier to fit kids in back (bending down etc not space wise).

I can get my hands on a x7 m50/60i to test drive but the Alpina there just aren’t any in my area and I would prefer to have an idea on driving dynamics before purchasing.

I had an f90m5 before the Panamera and many other bmw and p cars before that. My love with the Panamera is it felt much more connected and the steering feel was so much better than the m5. gave up straight line power.

Anyone have thoughts to my conundrum or driving a Alpina and can offer any feedback against Porsche that would be helpful!

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 02:18 AM   #2
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90alpinem3 View Post
Hi all,

Been researching my next ride and am currently in a Panamera turbo sport turismo. Have kept it for almost 4 years which is the longest I have ever kept one car. Looking for more room and easier to fit kids in back (bending down etc not space wise).

I can get my hands on a x7 m50/60i to test drive but the Alpina there just aren’t any in my area and I would prefer to have an idea on driving dynamics before purchasing.

I had an f90m5 before the Panamera and many other bmw and p cars before that. My love with the Panamera is it felt much more connected and the steering feel was so much better than the m5. gave up straight line power.

Anyone have thoughts to my conundrum or driving a Alpina and can offer any feedback against Porsche that would be helpful!

Thanks all.
The xb7 is 1000lbs fucking heavier. Just be prepared for that. Lateral acceleration will be completely different. Alignment specs on the Alpinas are toed out a bit more in the front and the steering is a bit more direct relative to other stock x7s. I was able to tell the difference. I’ve had 3 x7s total. 2 Alpina trucks.

Nevertheless.. You can haul a lot more paraphernalia AND tow. Ride comfort is excellent in comfort plus for long drives. No car is a Porsche, but since you mentioned KIDS, the Xb7 is hard to beat. If you have no issue going used, get a pre LCI w/rse if you can. They burn a bit more fuel but they are lighter and can leap past fucking anything over 100mph. Plus they can be coded to euro spec (lighting; etc).

Last edited by clutchdj; 09-03-2023 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: Generally post from my lil fucking phone
Appreciate 2
cncmastr1602.00