09-14-2023, 04:32 PM   #1
ILikeBimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: (G42) m240ix

Garage List
Lightbulb Recommendation for brakes rotors/pads

I currently have the M Sport brakes and pads from the ZTK (HP Tire and Cooling) package which for all intents and purposes have been pretty great to me. I was thinking about upgrades from here once they get worn out and eventually need to be replaced. I hear lots of good things about brembo, or that the M Sport brakes are related to brembo.

If you guys had to choose new rotors and/or pads today for your m240 for daily driving and some track usage, what would you pick and why?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 08:39 PM   #2
oldbmwtech
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeBimmers View Post
I currently have the M Sport brakes and pads from the ZTK (HP Tire and Cooling) package which for all intents and purposes have been pretty great to me. I was thinking about upgrades from here once they get worn out and eventually need to be replaced. I hear lots of good things about brembo, or that the M Sport brakes are related to brembo.

If you guys had to choose new rotors and/or pads today for your m240 for daily driving and some track usage, what would you pick and why?
Rotors are fine, I upgraded to Endless ME20 they work great on the track. Street driving they are a bit touchy, not bad thou, and might get a squeal or two. They are pricey. How every once I burn thru these I'm going back to oe pads and buying from FCP Euro or ECS Tuning/Turner since they have a lifetime warranty on all parts. It makes since for me since I go through pads. My first track day was with stock pads and I was impressed with them. The Endless were just a bit better but for the price don't think it was worth it.
This is only my opinion as I'm a retired professional ASE master grease monkey technician, now instructor. Your best teacher is your last mistake. Use what I post at your own risk as you know teachers only know book knowledge.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2023, 09:37 PM   #3
baron95
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwtech View Post
I'm going back to oe pads and buying from FCP Euro or ECS Tuning/Turner since they have a lifetime warranty on all parts. It makes since for me since I go through pads.
How does that work? You buy pads from them and you wear them and get new ones for free? Forever?

Sounds unprofitable.

What is the catch?

FCP Euro is 20 min futon my house.
      09-15-2023, 07:21 AM   #4
oldbmwtech
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
How does that work? You buy pads from them and you wear them and get new ones for free? Forever?

Sounds unprofitable.

What is the catch?

FCP Euro is 20 min futon my house.
Go to their website all the info is there.
This is only my opinion as I'm a retired professional ASE master grease monkey technician, now instructor. Your best teacher is your last mistake. Use what I post at your own risk as you know teachers only know book knowledge.
Appreciate 1
baron951729.00