BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Auto program for Climate control heating issue

10-10-2023, 04:47 PM   #1
Vindigni
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 40i, '15 MDX, '14 Prius

Auto program for Climate control heating issue

My issue is I have never been able to use any heating level less than highest for the steering wheel and seats. If I turn off the auto program the seats will turn on at lower level but not the wheel. One morning it was 37F outside and I still could not use the lower level settings. Has anyone else experienced this? My car is at the dealer now for another issue but they will look into this as well. My question is why can I not turn it on low and feel any heat ever?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 06:39 PM   #2
JJacksonIII
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Not sure... i haven't tried turning on the steering wheel heat without being in auto mode, but in auto mode, the lowest setting usually doesn't really heat the steering wheel as much as it just keeps it from feeling cold. So maybe it just takes it from cold to 'room temperature' at lowest setting?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 04:34 AM   #3
tewai
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 LCI Frozen Pure Grey

Not sure about the seats but before 8.5 anything than highest lvl didn't work for stearing wheel.
Since there's only on/off in 8.5 for the steering wheel I can see why it didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 03:21 AM   #4
Vindigni
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 40i, '15 MDX, '14 Prius

Well the dealer said the temp issue is normal. I just read another post where someone mentioned that it is an issue with ID8 and should work correctly with 8.5. So I guess I have to wait and see. On a side note my dealer replaced the center console trim due to defect. Had to wait several weeks and you wont believe what I saw when I opened the door. They installed the wrong trim color. It is glossy and I have open pore. And one side is higher than the other so they did not even install it right. How they did not stop and see it was the completely wrong part. Now I have to wait again.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 01:10 PM   #5
JJacksonIII
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindigni View Post
Well the dealer said the temp issue is normal. I just read another post where someone mentioned that it is an issue with ID8 and should work correctly with 8.5. So I guess I have to wait and see. On a side note my dealer replaced the center console trim due to defect. Had to wait several weeks and you wont believe what I saw when I opened the door. They installed the wrong trim color. It is glossy and I have open pore. And one side is higher than the other so they did not even install it right. How they did not stop and see it was the completely wrong part. Now I have to wait again.
That is insane. Did they take a big shit on the passenger seat too? Because it's about on that level. Who is the dumbass tech that says, well this is the wrong trim, oh well, I need to book the hours so I guess I'll just install it?
Appreciate 0