BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

10-21-2023, 12:17 AM   #1
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Spent time with the new i5 today

Our dealer got in a batch of i5 today. Some i5 (and all of their iX) still have that "interior trim" Stop Sale. No one at the dealer really knows what and why!

The i5 drives great, has plenty of power (40 & 50 versions), fit, finish and materials are great. New iDrive is fantastic.

Sport pkg. makes you lose the more traditional double kidney grill with slats, and is like an i3 meets Kit from Knight Rider Strangely, the non-sport pkg i5 looks better to me.

Love the new interior door handles; they are near identical to the Taycan. A/C is much stronger and feels colder than the iX.

The exterior is pretty bland, and honestly the previous generation 5 Series looks better from almost every angle (love my 2022 530e; it's gorgeous). The new one can throw a lot of "Camry or Accord" vibes, but all in all....it's a nice BMW.
Appreciate 4
Scrapula2838.00
cpt395.50
      10-21-2023, 12:46 AM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
Our dealer got in a batch of i5 today. Some i5 (and all of their iX) still have that "interior trim" Stop Sale. No one at the dealer really knows what and why!

The i5 drives great, has plenty of power (40 & 50 versions), fit, finish and materials are great. New iDrive is fantastic.

Sport pkg. makes you lose the more traditional double kidney grill with slats, and is like an i3 meets Kit from Knight Rider Strangely, the non-sport pkg i5 looks better to me.

Love the new interior door handles; they are near identical to the Taycan. A/C is much stronger and feels colder than the iX.

The exterior is pretty bland, and honestly the previous generation 5 Series looks better from almost every angle (love my 2022 530e; it's gorgeous). The new one can throw a lot of "Camry or Accord" vibes, but all in all....it's a nice BMW.
I saw the two that came in to Momentum BMW yesterday, but I had my eyes on a different vehicle. 😂😂😂
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 11:11 AM   #3
paladin732
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lucid air

Have you sat in a 7 before? How do the comfort of the seats compare?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 11:42 AM   #4
Gen_dustis
Registered
Rep
Drives: i5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post

What’s the interior trim stop sale?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 05:27 PM   #5
BimmerGuyFL78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G30 540i

I sat in one our dealership got a few days ago and I was underwhelmed with the exterior and interior.

Exterior looks smaller than it did in pics and it looks bland for a 5-series. Strikes me like it could be a car from a different company.

Interior feels like a step back in quality. Interior door pockets are not felt lined like they are in the G30. Front door lower speaker grills are plastic and cheap feeling. Exposed cup holders screem cost cutting.

Hopefully it will drive extremely good.