BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-19-2023, 10:04 PM   #1
Kharma99
Private
Rep
Drives: m40i

Rear bumper PPF questions? Install now or wait?

Looking to have this done to protect the area from scratches putting stuff in/getting stuff out of the trunk. I was going to do just the strip but it looks pretty noticeable in some of tte pics I’ve seen. So pretty much set on doing the full bumper… however, when I took delivery of the car a month ago the two pieces in the back were not completely flush as they should be (see pic). Not sure how the dealer will fix this … have an appointment in 3 weeks… but my best guess is they will need to remove the black part and reinstall it (see pic #2 as an example).

The rear bumper ppf only covers the white area… anyone with ppf experience think I’ll be ok if I get this done before the bumper is fixed?? How likely is the ppf going to be damaged if all they do is remove the black piece?

My appt with the installer is tomorrow morning. He thinks I should be ok but can’t guarantee things obviously. Would love to get this done before my trip to the dealership as we have multiple trips with luggage and also a ski trip coming up.

Thanks!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 03:44 PM   #2
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Other people have fixed it themselves with suction cups.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2056951
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2047211
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 03:12 AM   #3
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharma99 View Post
How likely is the ppf going to be damaged if all they do is remove the black piece?

My appt with the installer is tomorrow morning. He thinks I should be ok but can’t guarantee things obviously. Would love to get this done before my trip to the dealership as we have multiple trips with luggage and also a ski trip coming up.
If any damage was going to occur would you prefer it on the PPF or the paint ?

Think I’d get it done before hand, although you run the risk of the bumper being replaced if they can’t fix the trim attachment, so extra cost unless the dealer pays.
Appreciate 0