home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-30-2024, 06:13 AM   #1
Mrwatchdawg
Private
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Vorshlag Camber Plates and Ride Quality

Have the Vorshlag camber plates with KW haas installed and my ride quality is super harsh and I would not have noticed until I rode in my brothers g87 with eibach springs.

Do you think it’s because of the camber plates or the haas?

Spoke to my installer and he said mine don’t have any preload on the springs versus the eibach and that’s why but anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 07:40 AM   #2
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwatchdawg View Post
Have the Vorshlag camber plates with KW haas installed and my ride quality is super harsh and I would not have noticed until I rode in my brothers g87 with eibach springs.

Spoke to my installer and he said mine don’t have any preload on the springs versus the eibach and that’s why but anyone else experience this?

I have port installed M Performance HAS (which is manufactured by KW for BMW) and ride is not harsh at all.

Are you lowered all the way? Possibly how you have the camber plates set?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 07:56 AM   #3
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i GC, 2023 G87

Quote:

Camber plates won't make the ride harsh. If you hear clunking noises then your top nut could possibly be loose which sometimes happens when people install new plates. But if you feel that your ride is stiffer or more harsh than your brother's car then it is likely spring rate or possibly settings (ride height, camber, alignment etc)
Did your brother swap just the springs?
      01-30-2024, 08:21 AM   #4
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPD View Post
Camber plates won't make the ride harsh. If you hear clunking noises then your top nut could possibly be loose which sometimes happens when people install new plates. But if you feel that your ride is stiffer or more harsh than your brother's car then it is likely spring rate or possibly settings (ride height, camber, alignment etc)
Did your brother swap just the springs?

The plates could definitely have an effect on the ride, depending on the ultimate angle they are set at (and if lowered all the way).
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 09:31 AM   #5
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
The plates could definitely have an effect on the ride, depending on the ultimate angle they are set at (and if lowered all the way).
ummmm ya, I am not sure if you are being argumentative here but that's basically what I said. But to add some clarity- the mere presence of camber plates should not affect ride quality assuming everything is installed correctly but other settings like ride height (set by the HAS) or alignment settings like camber (set by the camber plates and the OEM camber adjustment points) can affect ride quality. If the OP's car is aligned to proper spec and the 8 bolts and the top nut are tightened correctly on each camber plate I would look at spring rate and ride height.
      01-30-2024, 10:10 AM   #6
Mrwatchdawg
Private
Rep

its not max lowered at all, but the argument that the tech made was that when the car is at the height its at right now there is no preload on the springs but if he raises it, there is. Made no sense.

Had the tech at BMW look at it and he said all looked good but the ride just doesnt feel as my brothers and all he did was the springs so no adjustments there
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 10:57 AM   #7
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPD View Post
ummmm ya, I am not sure if you are being argumentative here but that's basically what I said. But to add some clarity- the mere presence of camber plates should not affect ride quality assuming everything is installed correctly but other settings like ride height (set by the HAS) or alignment settings like camber (set by the camber plates and the OEM camber adjustment points) can affect ride quality. If the OP's car is aligned to proper spec and the 8 bolts and the top nut are tightened correctly on each camber plate I would look at spring rate and ride height.

Well, you said camber plates wont make the ride harsh. I responded by saying yes, they can (which is not argumentative but a factual response), depending...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 06:42 PM   #8
Mrwatchdawg
Private
Rep

hmm, so back to square 1 since we have no consensus. I need to find someone in Dallas to find out what is wrong.

Anyone know of any good shops
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 11:46 AM   #9
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
its not max lowered at all, but the argument that the tech made was that when the car is at the height its at right now there is no preload on the springs but if he raises it, there is. Made no sense.
You are right- that makes no sense at all.
What are your alignment specs?
What is the spring rate of your brother's Eibach springs?
Did he make any other changes?
      01-31-2024, 09:25 PM   #10
Mrwatchdawg
Private
Rep

He didn’t make any other changes. I will get alignment sheet from the car tomorrow and post it.
Appreciate 0