home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

04-12-2024, 07:20 AM   #1
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Loose ODB connector

After the latest software update, I did some coding and while plugging the adapter into the ODB connector, I've always noticed how loose it was since I had the car and didn't think anything of it. I'm usually pretty careful and ensure I plug it in the right way and never force it. The other day the ODB connector fully got pushed in out of its connecting clip. I ended up having to unscrew the 5/16th bolt, pull the panel down and it wouldn't reconnect to the clip and I didn't see any visible damage around the ODB plastic shroud itself. I just pulled the wire out to expose the ODB connector for the time being.

Anyone else experience this? It's not a big deal but didn't expect this from a new car. I'll have the dealer look at it on my next oil change.

Actually today is exactly 1 year from when I picked my car up and couldn't be any more happy 😊
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 07:40 AM   #2
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris13002 View Post
After the latest software update, I did some coding and while plugging the adapter into the ODB connector, I've always noticed how loose it was since I had the car and didn't think anything of it. I'm usually pretty careful and ensure I plug it in the right way and never force it. The other day the ODB connector fully got pushed in out of its connecting clip. I ended up having to unscrew the 5/16th bolt, pull the panel down and it wouldn't reconnect to the clip and I didn't see any visible damage around the ODB plastic shroud itself. I just pulled the wire out to expose the ODB connector for the time being.

Anyone else experience this? It's not a big deal but didn't expect this from a new car. I'll have the dealer look at it on my next oil change.

Actually today is exactly 1 year from when I picked my car up and couldn't be any more happy 😊

Does it work after pulling it out? Any loose pins on the connector?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 08:23 AM   #3
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Does it work after pulling it out? Any loose pins on the connector?
Yes everything still works and no loose pins on the connector. I just have it dangling down with the OBDLink CX adapter still plugged into it.
Appreciate 0