BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) [video] 2024 X1 xDrive28i rear RH side clunking noise at very low speed

07-31-2024, 10:19 PM   #1
bimmernurse
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 xDrive28i

[video] 2024 X1 xDrive28i rear RH side clunking noise at very low speed

2024 BMW X1 rear RH side clucking noise at very low speeds

Since May of 2024, I have been enjoying my new 2024 BMW X1 U11 xDrive28i. However, I’ve noticed a clunking/clicking noise at very low speeds, especially when pulling out of the driveway or turning on rough surfaces. It’s only been 2 months since I got it. What do you all think might be the issue? Is it something major? The noise seems to be coming from the RH side rear suspension, around the fuel cap area.

Video link: https://www.reddit.com/r/BmwTech/s/xrswh10bOt
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2024, 12:24 AM   #2
a0krn
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023 x28i

I hear a clank as well only when turning into or from a curb slope. Sometimes I would hear it during a u turn when my wheel is fully turned. But the noise is coming from the front where the suspension is. So I guess it might not be related to you at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2024, 12:43 AM   #3
bimmernurse
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0krn View Post
I hear a clank as well only when turning into or from a curb slope. Sometimes I would hear it during a u turn when my wheel is fully turned. But the noise is coming from the front where the suspension is. So I guess it might not be related to you at all.
The technician at the dealer was able to replicate the noise following my description. However, he was not able to pinpoint the source, i.e., whether it was from the front or rear. I assume it is from the rear suspension. The technician said he will sit in the rear seat next time to better identify the source. The noise occurs when I pull my car from the driveway (curb slope) to the main road, turning either right or left. It also happens at low speed on a very rough surface.

Is your noise the same as mine?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2024, 09:43 AM   #4
a0krn
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernurse View Post
The technician at the dealer was able to replicate the noise following my description. However, he was not able to pinpoint the source, i.e., whether it was from the front or rear. I assume it is from the rear suspension. The technician said he will sit in the rear seat next time to better identify the source. The noise occurs when I pull my car from the driveway (curb slope) to the main road, turning either right or left. It also happens at low speed on a very rough surface.

Is your noise the same as mine?
Mine might be somewhat different. I would hear the one clank when turning all the way or a clank coming out or into a curb slope. Which feels like I’m coming at a hard angle?

I don’t hear a continuous or constant clanking sound after. I would try to get a second opinion from a different dealership if able.
Appreciate 0