E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > On e90post.com at my dealership...

06-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
Scrooge4277
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

On e90post.com at my dealership...

Just thought it was kind of cool to be on e90post surrounded by so many extraordinary machines (M roadster is hot, btw).

Anyway, i brought my car in because the right front foglight seems to have fallen into the body of my car. The dealer showed me that all of the clips were broken and said it must have been hit (read: kicked in). I also asked about upgrading my software to CIP 21 because my idrive is a bit slow, but he just stared at me blankly. I'm clearly not imagining that there is a software update available for my car (Feb 2006 production) and i've heard that dealers are reluctant to perform software updates unless there is an actual problem. What can i do to get them to do the update?

Oh, and if anyone working at Fields BMW in Northfield, IL is reading this, you very badly need to replace the keyboard on this workstation.
      06-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
They won't update your software unless you are reporting a problem that the software specifically fixes. And honestly, if you don't need the update don't worry about it. They often break as many things as they fix.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #3
racingBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 infiniti fx35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge4277
Just thought it was kind of cool to be on e90post surrounded by so many extraordinary machines (M roadster is hot, btw).

Anyway, i brought my car in because the right front foglight seems to have fallen into the body of my car. The dealer showed me that all of the clips were broken and said it must have been hit (read: kicked in). I also asked about upgrading my software to CIP 21 because my idrive is a bit slow, but he just stared at me blankly. I'm clearly not imagining that there is a software update available for my car (Feb 2006 production) and i've heard that dealers are reluctant to perform software updates unless there is an actual problem. What can i do to get them to do the update?

Oh, and if anyone working at Fields BMW in Northfield, IL is reading this, you very badly need to replace the keyboard on this workstation.
I ordered my car at FIELDS!!!!!!!! i cant wait to get it in about ummmm 4 weeks!!!!! you live in the suburbs?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Scrooge4277
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Congratulations! I see you also have a 330i SG. Did you get ZSP? A few of us e90post members in the north suburbs (i'm in evanston) got together a little while ago for a photoshoot and we all had SG 330i with ZSP (do a search for 3x3 SG, mine is the one with the front plate).

Fields is ok, but they seem a little sketchy to me. Maybe it's because i'm young, but when i was picking up my car they tried to reduce their offer for my trade-in, claiming that there was new damage on my car. They were referring to my bumper which had been hit well over a year earlier. They magically found the note about the bumper on the assessment after i put up a fight, but if i hadn't been on top of things, they may have ripped me off. Just be alert and you'll be fine...
      06-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #5
racingBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 infiniti fx35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge4277
Congratulations! I see you also have a 330i SG. Did you get ZSP? A few of us e90post members in the north suburbs (i'm in evanston) got together a little while ago for a photoshoot and we all had SG 330i with ZSP (do a search for 3x3 SG, mine is the one with the front plate).

Fields is ok, but they seem a little sketchy to me. Maybe it's because i'm young, but when i was picking up my car they tried to reduce their offer for my trade-in, claiming that there was new damage on my car. They were referring to my bumper which had been hit well over a year earlier. They magically found the note about the bumper on the assessment after i put up a fight, but if i hadn't been on top of things, they may have ripped me off. Just be alert and you'll be fine...
naw i didnt get the ZSP beacuse of winter and shit. but yea im in morton grove, we should ahve a meet sometime or something. O and i jsut found out i didnt order my car with active steering
DAMNIT!!!
Appreciate 0