E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Envelope Symbol at top of display

02-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
marco5570
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

Envelope Symbol at top of display

Does the envelope symbol mean that a message is waiting to be displayed?
On my 09 328i I have the symbol and when I display messages I get the refresh and a "no messages" message. Is there a way to delete the symbol if there are no messages?
Does anyone know if you need a paired bluetooth phone to get Google Map messages downloaded to the car?
My dealer says the system is "too new" and they really don't know that much about it yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
melm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2009 idrive sat radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco5570 View Post
Does the envelope symbol mean that a message is waiting to be displayed?
On my 09 328i I have the symbol and when I display messages I get the refresh and a "no messages" message. Is there a way to delete the symbol if there are no messages?
Does anyone know if you need a paired bluetooth phone to get Google Map messages downloaded to the car?
My dealer says the system is "too new" and they really don't know that much about it yet.
It's a bug in the BMW software. I sent some Google address info to my 328i, deleted them and still had the icon. To clear it I sent another message, deleted it, and that cleared it out. My dealer was clueless about this. So was BMW USA when I asked them. I'm sure it will be fixed in a Nav software update. Sometimes it works fine, other times, the icon gets stuck. Also, when I send Google info to the car via Goggle Maps, it only makes it about 80% of the time. BMW Assist tells me they see the message, but it never makes it to the car. Software needs tweaking, it seems.

Google info does not require your cellular phone. The BMW has it's own cellular transceiver to send and receive data.

Mel
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Melm - the only time I've had an address fail to make it is when I send multiple addresses at once. For example, the other night, I had two seperate parties to attend and I send both addresses to my car. Only the last one I sent made it.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
melm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2009 idrive sat radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
Melm - the only time I've had an address fail to make it is when I send multiple addresses at once. For example, the other night, I had two seperate parties to attend and I send both addresses to my car. Only the last one I sent made it.
I've had single addresses fail, and doubles. And I've seen the icon fail to clear. Some definite bugs.

Mel
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melm View Post
I've had single addresses fail, and doubles. And I've seen the icon fail to clear. Some definite bugs.

Mel
Wow. That is odd. NEver had that happen for me.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0