E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Modding question

03-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Minas335
First Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Question Modding question

Hi guys I have a question I'm about to get a E92 335i im going to lease it but most likely will be purchasing the car after it is done. My question is this I know I can't get a chip unless its dinan therefore, I was thinking of just doing a Exhaust and an intake. Here is my question and I did a search and didn't find much on this. If I get the AFE intake and an exhaust idk about what exhaust yet can't decide on that plz help if you can any suggestions? I wanna know would that void my warranty? if I get those 2 mods the rest I will probably do to make the car look better.

Thanks a lot guys

Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
juicedcubed
Phantom at large
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minas335 View Post
Hi guys I have a question I'm about to get a E92 335i im going to lease it but most likely will be purchasing the car after it is done. My question is this I know I can't get a chip unless its dinan therefore, I was thinking of just doing a Exhaust and an intake. Here is my question and I did a search and didn't find much on this. If I get the AFE intake and an exhaust idk about what exhaust yet can't decide on that plz help if you can any suggestions? I wanna know would that void my warranty? if I get those 2 mods the rest I will probably do to make the car look better.

Thanks a lot guys

Mike

how much money are you willing to spend?

id say go with a meisterschaft but that will cost you a pretty penny.
2008 335i Black Sapphire| Black Interior| Navi| Silver Aluminum Trim |Tint l BMS intake l JB3 l Riss Racing downpipes | Miro Staggered Hyper Silver 19 inch CSL Reps |Nitto 555's ***RIP 2011 335i Jet Black| Red Interior| Bone Stock ***RIP 2013 M3 Space Gray|Carbon Tint| Matte Black Eurotek CSL Wheels| Nokya White Halos| AFE Stage 2 intake| AFE Power Pulley| Reflector Delete|
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
Minas335
First Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Anything about the warranty being voided?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
blk335i08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minas335 View Post
Anything about the warranty being voided?
This has been talked about to death you really need to

If something faults while you have your intake or exhaust installed, yes. But the dealer must prove that the mods caused the problem. It's their word over yours, and unless you un-install your mods before service, their word is what goes.

Look at the sticky at the top of this forum you noob!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk335i08 View Post
This has been talked about to death you really need to

If something faults while you have your intake or exhaust installed, yes. But the dealer must prove that the mods caused the problem. It's their word over yours, and unless you un-install your mods before service, their word is what goes.

Look at the sticky at the top of this forum you noob!
+ one gajillion.