E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > E92 exhaust fitment on E90

03-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
samps
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Transit

E92 exhaust fitment on E90

I did a search and couldn't find a definitive answer. I also pm'd some people who have apparently done this but no response yet.

My understanding is that the only differences are the extension of the tips. Perhaps this is exhaust manufacturer dependent though. Looking at a used Milltek.

I don't want to commit to it until I know it will fit with just tip modification. Also, don't want to trouble the seller and a shop with test fitting. Can anyone shed some light on this?

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
jzchen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90

I think you might have to be a little more careful about this. Borla has 3 part numbers for the two applications, one matches up for both, but the other does not. As I've seen somewhere on this board it was a matter of where you cut the original exhaust, but I think that was specifically for the Borla 140276. If there are two separate mufflers then I'm betting you will be alright, but if it is one muffler that spans the center of the car there might be issues, because that is the style that Borla lists two different part numbers.
Appreciate 0