E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > The Dinan S2 pakage

04-14-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
leeweichang
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

The Dinan S2 pakage

What your guys think about the S2 pakage from Dinan.
Is there another good ways to make more hp and tq .
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
luca335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 335I Sedan

Its like doing this.
Attached Images

04-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
gian335
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335

lol ....thats jks
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

if you are only interested in dinan then the best way is to get the stage three package. however if you are not necessarily interested in dinan you can definitely get much more hp by getting a jb3 which will cost you a tenth of the dinan stage three cost.

if you then consider downpipes, intake, intercooler, you're looking at amounts of power that dinan can dream of producing
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 12:58 AM   #5
ElliottP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Dinan costs more for that peace of mind that if something breaks, then you won't have to pay, if it is warranty related. Love mine
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #6
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

it's the only product backed by a warranty, ^+1 so peace of mind is there... but make no mistake there are other options that put the Dinan flash to shame in the hp and tq categories.. I'm really hoping Dinan releases a more aggressive flash, especially for those that opt for the stage 3 package with all supporting mods
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
Ramppo
Cruiser
Rep
Drives: bmw 335 e92

Dinan S2 (S2 signature package)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeweichang View Post
What your guys think about the S2 pakage from Dinan.
Is there another good ways to make more hp and tq .
I have Dinan S2 signature package i also have noticed that people often mix up Dinan flashes and Dinan signature packages, just to remind people Dinan have flashes 1, 2 and 3 then they have signature packages S, S1 and S2.
S2 package incldes stage 3 flash.
In all S packages you got much more than just a tune but i`m not saying that it`s cheap even then.
What comes to my opinion about the S2 package if you want some thing which feels and seems like a factory made package+you have the warranty it is your choise.

The performance in the straight is not quite same that JB or Procede but it is close mine makes 403chp and 607Nm with out dp:s and intake.
Then if we take the cars to the track it is a different story dinan especially S2 is prepared for that... and if you go furter (like all the others who says that dinans Hp/$ ratio is poor) and ad Dp:s and intake you will probably make 20-25whp on top of that so it`s not far from the others of cource you loose the warrenty if you use some other manufacturers parts but Dinan is comeing with intake soon!

It is also something that you don`t necessarely have to uninstall when it comes time to sell the car and you even have some retail value in the dinan package.

There is one thing that i have to complain that is the exhaust it leaks from the connection point and the same issue have occured with some other guys in this forum too, it leaks (i think) because dinan pipe is too short so if you are going with S2 package you just have to tell about that issue to the mechanics and they know what to do to fix it before it even occures.

In the end i think it comes down to "status symbol" lot of people "me included have to admit" buys images for example why do you buy BMW instead of VW most of the 3 series are at the same price range than CC Passat V6 here in Finland anyway.

My performance mods S2 signature package, Dinan lightweight flywheel, injen intake, AR design catted, Quaife LSD

Hope this helps to make the decision.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
it's the only product backed by a warranty, ^+1 so peace of mind is there... but make no mistake there are other options that put the Dinan flash to shame in the hp and tq categories.. I'm really hoping Dinan releases a more aggressive flash, especially for those that opt for the stage 3 package with all supporting mods
they wont, we discussed with Steve Dinan in person last week. He is not willing to push anything far on these cars as..well...he gets to foot the bill if and when things break.

he broke it down like this:

of the $2,000 for the flash, the $$ goes to:

- $500 profit for Dinan
- $500 dealer profit so they will sell his product
- $500 into the warranty pot
- $500 into R&D on the product

He has plenty of full time programmers that he has to pay, other tuners dont have to pay other full time programmers or put $$ in a warranty pot so they can sell their products for far cheaper.

His attitude about ANYTHING non-Dinan really turned me of even more to his products, I did not think that was possible.
      04-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
J.P.
Close to bein Bannned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pussy Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
they wont, we discussed with Steve Dinan in person last week. He is not willing to push anything far on these cars as..well...he gets to foot the bill if and when things break.

he broke it down like this:

of the $2,000 for the flash, the $$ goes to:

- $500 profit for Dinan
- $500 dealer profit so they will sell his product
- $500 into the warranty pot
- $500 into R&D on the product

He has plenty of full time programmers that he has to pay, other tuners dont have to pay other full time programmers or put $$ in a warranty pot so they can sell their products for far cheaper.

His attitude about ANYTHING non-Dinan really turned me of even more to his products, I did not think that was possible.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
JERRYS MOM= BEST HEAD OF MY LIFE
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #10
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Boats n Hoes....lol
      04-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
gian335
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335

boats and hoes FTW ......LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottP View Post
Dinan costs more for that peace of mind that if something breaks, then you won't have to pay, if it is warranty related. Love mine
Very true, you have the warranty for now.. But there is something that most Dinan users will not tell you, when the time comes to sell the car BMW cannot and will not CPO the vehicle which will drop the resale value of your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
vegasspeed
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT coupe Montego Blue

I disagree about resale value with the car. Look at any Roundel Mag and Dinan cars are priced higher because of the Dinan badging and equipment. If I was going to buy a used car I would rather see a Dinan car than a Juicebox Sticker. You can't even compare pre-owned cars because Dinan wins hands down. If you took 100 people that owned BMW's before and asked them, "would you rather buy a 335i that was Dinan tuned or Procede/Juice Box tuned as a used car?" The answer is obvious my friend. In fact people will take a Dinan car over stock as well because of the R & D that goes into the car.

Just because they won't CPO the car doesn't mean it won't sell more than other cars. Believe me, if you disclose your car was tuned with a Procede you will have a harder time selling it for a reasonable price.

People here are so blinded about Dinan most times because they never owned anything from them. Someone in this same post said they don't make an intercooler? WTF? They don't make intakes yet and it is probably one of the bigger wastes of money modification wise anyway on our car. The mods that are most important to THIS car are exhaust piping(DP's, midpipes & mufflers) Tunes and Intercoolers. If you want suspension mods that are good for your car only Dinan has done R & D testing with the car and setup. I am sure KW V3's are great but if you don't know how to use them it is a waste of money.

If you are going to bash Dinan don't bash them on resale value. That isn't their weakspot. The weakspot is not being an aggressive(over the top) tuner. The downpipes are a big boost in tuning but Dinan won't do it since most are catless, hence not street legal.

So many people on here have oil coolers, intercoolers, tunes and exhaust systems. Wouldn't you like to go to your shop and not have to remove stuff to get warranty work done? I have all of that nobody sweats me at all.

I for one wouldn't mind getting more power but price isn't an issue for me as much as satisfaction. There are too many people on here who want it both ways, lots of power AND keep your warranty.
      04-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Z06,'13 750Li,'11 Raptor

Quote:
i doubt they will go much higher on HP/TQ ratings because of their warranty offering.
      04-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
SuPaSkillz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i /2007 E63 M6

Boats and hoes baby
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #16
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasspeed View Post
I disagree about resale value with the car. Look at any Roundel Mag and Dinan cars are priced higher because of the Dinan badging and equipment. If I was going to buy a used car I would rather see a Dinan car than a Juicebox Sticker. You can't even compare pre-owned cars because Dinan wins hands down. If you took 100 people that owned BMW's before and asked them, "would you rather buy a 335i that was Dinan tuned or Procede/Juice Box tuned as a used car?" The answer is obvious my friend. In fact people will take a Dinan car over stock as well because of the R & D that goes into the car.

Just because they won't CPO the car doesn't mean it won't sell more than other cars. Believe me, if you disclose your car was tuned with a Procede you will have a harder time selling it for a reasonable price.

People here are so blinded about Dinan most times because they never owned anything from them. Someone in this same post said they don't make an intercooler? WTF? They don't make intakes yet and it is probably one of the bigger wastes of money modification wise anyway on our car. The mods that are most important to THIS car are exhaust piping(DP's, midpipes & mufflers) Tunes and Intercoolers. If you want suspension mods that are good for your car only Dinan has done R & D testing with the car and setup. I am sure KW V3's are great but if you don't know how to use them it is a waste of money.

If you are going to bash Dinan don't bash them on resale value. That isn't their weakspot. The weakspot is not being an aggressive(over the top) tuner. The downpipes are a big boost in tuning but Dinan won't do it since most are catless, hence not street legal.

So many people on here have oil coolers, intercoolers, tunes and exhaust systems. Wouldn't you like to go to your shop and not have to remove stuff to get warranty work done? I have all of that nobody sweats me at all.

I for one wouldn't mind getting more power but price isn't an issue for me as much as satisfaction. There are too many people on here who want it both ways, lots of power AND keep your warranty.

I agree and disagree on the above in bold. The dinan packages do add a little value to the car, but not nearly what you have paid for it.....maybe 10-20% of the cost of Dinan mods if you are lucky. On the other hand, a CPO'd car with 100k miletrain warranty will be worth even more than Dinan to 97.65% of the buyers. A full Dinan car asking a premium has an increasingly small market in this economy, a car with a good warranty is a homerun. As for the procede comment, unfortunately, most buyers will never know a car had a piggy on it. A heavily tuned car will also decrease its value, thats just basic car tuning......they are money pits, get used to it.

this is why for me,

if selling my tuned car:

-return to stock to maximize sale
-sell all your aftermarket parts and recoup probably 50-60% of their costs

if buying a tuned car:

- research hard on what mods were done, who installed, who the owner was, and only after a thorough PPI including leak down and compression tests you consider it. And at that point, your getting a deal if its in good shape because I'll give you 15 cents on the dollar for your mods at most.
- or you buy a car with a huge warranty left if you cant find the perfect tuned car and do your own modding

this is really apples to oranges, but I just picked up a recently turboed e36 M3 with clost to 20k in aftermarket put into it in the last 2 years. I paid the same value as a perfect stock M3 would have sold for. The car needed some cosmetic work, but mechanically its a raging bull and solid as a rock. I made out like a bandit IMO.
      04-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #17
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasspeed View Post
I disagree about resale value with the car. Look at any Roundel Mag and Dinan cars are priced higher because of the Dinan badging and equipment. If I was going to buy a used car I would rather see a Dinan car than a Juicebox Sticker. You can't even compare pre-owned cars because Dinan wins hands down. If you took 100 people that owned BMW's before and asked them, "would you rather buy a 335i that was Dinan tuned or Procede/Juice Box tuned as a used car?" The answer is obvious my friend. .
Actually I wouldn't buy either.. I would not buy a used 335 at all, especially not a Dinan used car since the car will have no warranty outside the original 50,000/4 year that Dinan takes over. I know your going to defend your purchase till your blue in the face, which thats cool you have every right to.. Im just stating the facts along with my opinion.
I just hope some poor sap didn't Dinan Flash a leased car..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Actually I wouldn't buy either.. I would not buy a used 335 at all, especially not a Dinan used car since the car will have no warranty outside the original 50,000/4 year that Dinan takes over. I know your going to defend your purchase till your blue in the face, which thats cool you have every right to.. Im just stating the facts along with my opinion.
I just hope some poor sap didn't Dinan Flash a leased car..
actually Vegas has been one of the Dinan modd'd guys more willing to admit he wants more power. I see big snails in his future.
      04-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #19
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
actually Vegas has been one of the Dinan modd'd guys more willing to admit he wants more power. I see big snails in his future.
Oops my bad! I made a general assumption. Just so used to seeing that here on e90post
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #20
RedDinan335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Red 335i Coupe

Quote:
I agree and disagree on the above in bold. The dinan packages do add a little value to the car, but not nearly what you have paid for it.....maybe 10-20% of the cost of Dinan mods if you are lucky. On the other hand, a CPO'd car with 100k miletrain warranty will be worth even more than Dinan to 97.65% of the buyers. A full Dinan car asking a premium has an increasingly small market in this economy, a car with a good warranty is a homerun. As for the procede comment, unfortunately, most buyers will never know a car had a piggy on it. A heavily tuned car will also decrease its value, thats just basic car tuning......they are money pits, get used to it.

this is why for me,

if selling my tuned car:

-return to stock to maximize sale
-sell all your aftermarket parts and recoup probably 50-60% of their costs

if buying a tuned car:

- research hard on what mods were done, who installed, who the owner was, and only after a thorough PPI including leak down and compression tests you consider it. And at that point, your getting a deal if its in good shape because I'll give you 15 cents on the dollar for your mods at most.
- or you buy a car with a huge warranty left if you cant find the perfect tuned car and do your own modding

this is really apples to oranges, but I just picked up a recently turboed e36 M3 with clost to 20k in aftermarket put into it in the last 2 years. I paid the same value as a perfect stock M3 would have sold for. The car needed some cosmetic work, but mechanically its a raging bull and solid as a rock. I made out like a bandit IMO.
I agree. However, I was one of the few lucky ones to get a Dinan tuned CPO 335i Coupe. It had 24k on it when purchased with the tune and exhaust added at around 20k. Did I pay more than a non tuned car with the same options? No. I paid about the same as a comparably equipped CPO.

To each his own on which tune works best for their situation. I'm very happy with mine!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #21
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDinan335i View Post
I agree. However, I was one of the few lucky ones to get a Dinan tuned CPO 335i Coupe. It had 24k on it when purchased with the tune and exhaust added at around 20k. Did I pay more than a non tuned car with the same options? No. I paid about the same as a comparably equipped CPO.

To each his own on which tune works best for their situation. I'm very happy with mine!!!
exactly, you didnt pay any more for the mods AND you got a better warranty, you sir got a good deal.
      04-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #22
vegasspeed
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT coupe Montego Blue

Yea, he is right. I see a point for Dinan but it may have not been for me in the long run. I think it is a great product if you know what you want. I really thought 400 fwhp and 430 fwtq would be plenty. I was wrong. I have the cash so I may just buy a procede and upgraded turbos down the road. Sniz, glad someone reads my posts and remembers for a change.

Whenever I read a Dinan post I feel the need to respond if the people don't have the right idea about the products. They are quite pricey and not for everyone but some things are just not true.

I think as far as tunes go Procede has the R & D behind it. Shiv is thinking ahead of everyone even though I think he is a tad aggressive it is probably the best. I have