E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E92 320D - Bluefin remap

05-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
e92_alex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

E92 320D - Bluefin remap

Hello, Had the car remapped today at Superchips. Excellent service from the Superchips guys, was done in just over an hour!

I already had an old bluefin unit I had used on my previous car (MK5 GTI). After speaking to Superchips they said I could have the unit reset to work on the BMW, so sub £250 for the remap and a power run. But lets not talk about the insurance, Privilege are thieves!

Ok onto the details:-

Standard - 174bhp and 367Nm Torque (Bit low? only done 4k miles)

Remap - 214bhp and 455Nm Torque

Result, Awesome! Still got that linear delivery of power but you can straight away feel the difference. On the motorway previously I'd have to drop to 5th to progress past people, no need now you can just ride the extra torque in 6th.

If your thinking of getting a remap, do it!!! Has made this 320d a different car. And doesn't feel much slower if any than the previous 240bhp MK5 GTI. Visit to the Pod next I think for some runs!..

Alex
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
I am so tempted by a Bluefin - just not sure how the lease company will view it if they find out. Really I should ask them first, but they refused point blank when I asked about it for my ST170!
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
neilmc
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M SPORT

Excellent choice, I love my Bluefin, rolling road said original 177.2bhp and 276.6lb/ft afterwards 209.6 and 342.0lb/ft Had to remove it the other day for warranty work and the car felt pants! Drove out the dealer and put it straight back on. Was thinking what fun it would be if you had the cash to waste to remap a loan car, that would confuse the hell out of them!!
Glad you are please, it is a great product with excellent customer service.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

is there a limit on the bluefin units how many times you can put on and take off the map,
sounds alike a good plan as on my current car already had to go back to the tuning firm to reenable the map after dealer reset the ECU so be good to be able to put it back on DIY style.

How do you guys rate superchips as in past expecially with VAGs I was always told to say away
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
e92_alex
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsteele View Post
I am so tempted by a Bluefin - just not sure how the lease company will view it if they find out. Really I should ask them first, but they refused point blank when I asked about it for my ST170!
I've been there with an old company car. I asked the lease company and they sad NO and put a comment on the account that I had asked etc. It's up to you and if worth taking the chance, and with the bluefin it can be removed before servicing and the car going back.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
e92_alex
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmc View Post
Excellent choice, I love my Bluefin, rolling road said original 177.2bhp and 276.6lb/ft afterwards 209.6 and 342.0lb/ft Had to remove it the other day for warranty work and the car felt pants! Drove out the dealer and put it straight back on. Was thinking what fun it would be if you had the cash to waste to remap a loan car, that would confuse the hell out of them!!
Glad you are please, it is a great product with excellent customer service.
Thanks mate. Tis great fun and a different car! I haven't had to switch mine yet, as left superchips with the map, how long does it take to switch as my MK5 took 15 minutes or so!!..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
e92_alex
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
is there a limit on the bluefin units how many times you can put on and take off the map,
sounds alike a good plan as on my current car already had to go back to the tuning firm to reenable the map after dealer reset the ECU so be good to be able to put it back on DIY style.

How do you guys rate superchips as in past expecially with VAGs I was always told to say away
No limit that i'm aware of. I have no problems with superchips always had excellent service, now and previously, I knew lots of VAG owners that had gone the bluefin route. The maps arn't the most aggressive, and if it wasn't down to getting a good deal I probably would of waited for the evolve switch unit.
Appreciate 0