E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Notes on a PROcede install from a n00b

05-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Notes on a PROcede install from a n00b

So just finished installing a V3Rev1 I got from a member on this forum. Notes on the install, in case anyone ever looks...

- when the install video says to insert the connectors back, right before the first engine start test, it MEANS it (I somehow missed the part about actually reinserting them into the original harness). This means long crank, no engine start, and a FIREWORKS display of error codes on the dashboard (not to mention panic in the user's mind) :P

- When you buy a used PROcede, LOOK AT THE BRIDGE CONNECTORS. MAKE SURE THEY ARE CONNECTED as per the original install video. Mine were off (obviously, since the seller had it mounted on the car), so when I did the SECOND startup test, the display went mad AGAIN with errors. I don't know if they must be connected, but I'm guessing I would've had less errors if they were.

- The installation video doesn't mention anything about hooking up the COM port BEFORE closing up the ECU unit - if you want to install any maps, etc, NOW's the time.

Car pulls like mad now with a stage 0 default map. Very nice... just wondering how many error codes I triggered.. I suppose I need a BT tool now to clear them all. On the upside, the CEL is off now, and the car isn't showing me the "full maintenance needed" sign anymore.

Btw, how do you set the Homelink button to switch maps?