E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Meth - Would you be interested in a charge pipe with a meth nozzle bung?

View Poll Results: Would you buy a charge pipe with a Meth nozzle bung already welded in?
Yes, one nozzle bung for a diverter valve setup 8 33.33%
Yes, two nozzle bungs for a diverter valve setup 11 45.83%
Yes, 1 nozzle bung for a BOV setup 3 12.50%
Yes, 2 nozzle bungs for a BOV setup 2 8.33%
No, I would rather drill the stock charge pipe 4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

05-19-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

I have been thinking a bit lately and was curious if people would buy a charge pipe that had your Meth nozzle bung already welded in? Maybe an option for an aftermarket bov and one for DVs?

I am including the option for two bungs because many meth setups can control two nozzles giving you a wide range of options.

If you are not sure if you would want one or two, just pick one or the other. I should have just said yes with DV and yes with BOV, or no.

Last edited by Former_Boosted_IS; 05-19-2009 at 06:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 06:08 AM   #2
beepbeep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sedan E90

I think you have too many options here. IMHO, the poll should just be the title question with yes or no. From there on, I'm going to do what is recommended by the seller of the kit, assuming they know more about it than I do. So my answer is "yes", I would buy a pre-drilled charge pipe and keep the original around for use "as necessary", ahem.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
I think you have too many options here. IMHO, the poll should just be the title question with yes or no. From there on, I'm going to do what is recommended by the seller of the kit, assuming they know more about it than I do. So my answer is "yes", I would buy a pre-drilled charge pipe and keep the original around for use "as necessary", ahem.
I am just saying the options would be available. If there are more yes choices then no, then it will probably be done by a sponsor on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #4
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Interesting question. I know so little about meth kits, I hae no idea what is the best setup. I can't wait to see what solutions come out. I would love it if someone offers a plug and play type kit, where the nozzle can be swapped out when it is incorporated with a low expense part that we can have a spare to swap it with.

I'm hoping that one of the things keeping Shiv working full time on th N54 is a kit he will sell.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #5
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Interesting question. I know so little about meth kits, I hae no idea what is the best setup. I can't wait to see what solutions come out. I would love it if someone offers a plug and play type kit, where the nozzle can be swapped out when it is incorporated with a low expense part that we can have a spare to swap it with.

I'm hoping that one of the things keeping Shiv working full time on th N54 is a kit he will sell.
If you have a charge pipe, then you can just swap it out. If you get a pipe with two meth nozzle bungs, then you can just plug one if you only need one nozzle bung.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
beepbeep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sedan E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
I am just saying the options would be available. If there are more yes choices then no, then it will probably be done by a sponsor on the forum.
OK, what are the advantages of a BOV version versus a diverter valve setup? Not trying to be a PITA (it comes naturally) but I don't know how to make the poll selection. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
OK, what are the advantages of a BOV version versus a diverter valve setup? Not trying to be a PITA (it comes naturally) but I don't know how to make the poll selection. Thanks.
Basically, do you want to use a BOV or diverter valves. The pipe would need the mount points for the BOV or DVs depending on your preference. I suspect both can be made without issue though.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
skitlz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

i would get a charge pipe with 2 nozzle bungs if i didnt have 1 allready

but sadly, i had to vote no. Since im going to have to just tap my own. Would be cool to see though for people that have yet to upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #9
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Good info. Keep it coming!
Appreciate 0