E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Question for thos with BT tool or any scanning capability

06-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
leon
Private
Rep
Drives: random

Question for thos with BT tool or any scanning capability

When you find things do you go to the dealer and say "hey mofos car is jacked.. I was all up in its guts and there are errors" lol And do they do something or do they say come back when a light comes on.

Just curious as to what the protocol is.

Maybe you want them to think you are a dumb user.. but you want get them to look and see whats wrong.. *shrug* just wondering.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

What???
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
When you find things do you go to the dealer and say "hey mofos car is jacked.. I was all up in its guts and there are errors" lol And do they do something or do they say come back when a light comes on.

Maybe you want them to think you are a dumb user.. but you want get them to look and see whats wrong.. *shrug* just wondering.
English mf, do you speak it?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
leon
Private
Rep
Drives: random

I guess my attempt at humor was an epic fail.

I'll try again.

For people with code scanning capabilities:

When you find a code do you go to the dealer and ask for work to be done? If so do they tell you "no come back when a service/warning light comes on"

Perhaps you might not want them to know that you are tech savvy so that you can claim ignorance at a later date.

I'm just wondering what the protocol is for detected codes.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Dealer scans the car and if there is a code (whether you know about it or not) they have to do the neccessary... It doesn't matter if the CEL light is on or not...

What kind of dealership do you go to that would pretend there is no code when there really is one?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post

If you're going to remove the mods and clear codes be curtious enough to point them in the right direction so as not to waste their time.

If you're throwing codes and need their help then describe certain symptoms associated with those codes. Is that not common sense?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthegreat View Post
If you're going to remove the mods and clear codes be curtious enough to point them in the right direction so as not to waste their time.

If you're throwing codes and need their help then describe certain symptoms associated with those codes. Is that not common sense?
Now that is a bad idea !!! If yo have codes and you clear them, don't expect the dealership to do any work.. I would not tell them: "I swear that was a code but I cleared it" The obvious response will be: And why did you do that? What are trying to hide??

Just drive the car in stock form until the code is re-triggered then go to dealership
Appreciate 0