E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Purchased New 335 coupe + M-Sports pack

07-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 - 335is Coupe

Purchased New 335 coupe + M-Sports pack

I decided not to wait for the stupid DCT, i figure if i have to wait another 6-9 months, i will go nuts.

So went to the dealer, got 7% off the sticker price, and bought:

335 Coupe Alpine White with coral red leather.
M-Sports package
Executive Package
Audiophile Package

The dealer didn't have the car on their lot, but said they found another dealer that has that configuration. So they are getting it from someone else. Does anyone have this sort of experience? Does it take up to 2 weeks to get the car if it is in Ontario?

I'm just aching to drive the 335, blah , i can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
skip2mylou123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

congrats, the wait sucks I know. But once you have the car, you will be so happy!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

trust me, you're lucky it'll take only two weeks, i waited for mine for over 3 months back when they just came out.... i was tracking the damn ship everyday lol
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mylou123 View Post
congrats, the wait sucks I know. But once you have the car, you will be so happy!
Thanks, i'm so excited i can't wait for the car. Just have no clue where they are getting it from, i guess they don't want to share that info.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwr View Post
trust me, you're lucky it'll take only two weeks, i waited for mine for over 3 months back when they just came out.... i was tracking the damn ship everyday lol
LOL yeah i can imagine waiting 3 months for this car, that be total torture.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
KA55
Rep
Drives: E55

congrats, great color combo
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA55 View Post
congrats, great color combo
Thanks, i love the red/white combo.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post

M-Sports package
Executive Package
Audiophile Package
Wow, nice spec!!! You will love it!
      07-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
perfectg
I pwn u
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi Q5

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
congrats
      07-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks guys, i can't wait to get the car,
I hope to get the tint done at Thornhill Tints once i get the car, damn BMW dealer wanted $450 for tint.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
bolty
/r/trees
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335xi

Dont waste your money at the dealership other than for the car itself.

You can get more for less elsewhere.

Nice car, btw. Cant wait to see some pics.

Congrats man.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
Nope... Because then you'd go to the dealership that actually has it.. Most dealersips are obligated to trade as long as the sale didnt fall thru. Congrats on your purchase and good luck with the car.
Quote:
Thanks, i'm so excited i can't wait for the car. Just have no clue where they are getting it from, i guess they don't want to share that info.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolty View Post
Dont waste your money at the dealership other than for the car itself.

You can get more for less elsewhere.

Nice car, btw. Cant wait to see some pics.

Congrats man.
Thanks, i am thinking about the car 24/7 now. Hopefully the dealer will call and tell me the car will be available next Monday
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #14
Duhst
That Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW e90

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
congrats!!

sick color combo!
      07-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #15
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRide View Post
Nope... Because then you'd go to the dealership that actually has it.. Most dealersips are obligated to trade as long as the sale didnt fall thru. Congrats on your purchase and good luck with the car.
So when i signed the papers with my local dealerships, and they did my credit check, then at that point the other dealer that actually has that car is obligated to send the car over to my dealership?

What if the other dealer found a buyer today and decided to sell the car so he could make a nice chunk of money for his dealership instead of sending it my way? Is that possible? Or against their policy? (Although i doubt they would care about policy these days... a sale is a sale to them with this economy).

I just don't want to wait like a retard for 2 weeks and then the sales guy says that the other dealer changed his mind or some crap like that, and i got no car.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #16
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhst View Post
congrats!!

sick color combo!
Thanks,
I love that color combo also, i love the white/red , with tinted windows sort of a look, Can't wait to take some pics of the car!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
OwnAge
Gourik
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon

Garage List
2009 328i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwr View Post
I wanted to be in his shoes and order the car too. Feel the excitement and checking the shipment online and just going through that experience but end up getting my car transferred from another dealership. I think it does take around two weeks. Well thats what they told me. I picked the car up in 10 days tho. Trust me you made the right choice on not ordering it. As i said i wanted to order mine too but im glad i they found me one. Those 10days wait was killing me. There was no way I could handle a month.

Quote:
LOL yeah i can imagine waiting 3 months for this car, that be total torture.
If it was a torture for me to wait for his car, I cant imagne what he went thru lol. When it got here tho. ZOMG. One of the 1st e92 335s in TO.
Can you believe that fker didnt take me with him to pick the car up. I shell be upset about it for a long time.

Quote:
So when i signed the papers with my local dealerships, and they did my credit check, then at that point the other dealer that actually has that car is obligated to send the car over to my dealership?

What if the other dealer found a buyer today and decided to sell the car so he could make a nice chunk of money for his dealership instead of sending it my way? Is that possible? Or against their policy? (Although i doubt they would care about policy these days... a sale is a sale to them with this economy).

I just don't want to wait like a retard for 2 weeks and then the sales guy says that the other dealer changed his mind or some crap like that, and i got no car.
Thats what I was stressing about too. They were looking for a car for me and every time i would call the Salesguy he would tell me he got the car and when I ask him which one he would always forget something. 1st it didnt have black trim, then he found anther and it didnt have Manual, then he found another and it wasn't even 328. My friend was laughing at me but i was stressing out about this things. Cause on one hand i could of order it already and the count down would start and on the other im still waiting for salesman to find the car when technically he told me he found it for me (3 times) and then I still dont have it. Times wasted and plus if he doesnt fine me one i end up ordering anyway.

Anyhow Took me a week to call that salesguy daily to get him to find me the right car. Once he got it, it took a week to get delivered and 3 days for my insurance+ dealer papers to be finished.

So to answer your question as far as i know if you dealer found the car for u and it has all the options you need they place an order for it. The other dealership cant sell it no more. So i think you set.
      07-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #18
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: really slowly

Quote:
I decided not to wait for the stupid DCT, i figure if i have to wait another 6-9 months, i will go nuts.

So went to the dealer, got 7% off the sticker price, and bought:

M-Sports package
Executive Package
Audiophile Package

The dealer didn't have the car on their lot, but said they found another dealer that has that configuration. So they are getting it from someone else. Does anyone have this sort of experience? Does it take up to 2 weeks to get the car if it is in Ontario?

I'm just aching to drive the 335, blah , i can't wait.
I'm gettin mine on SATURDAY and trust me, i waited for 2.5 months so i know the pain.......its unbearable.........start crossing out days on ur calendar!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #19
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnAge View Post
I wanted to be in his shoes and order the car too. Feel the excitement and checking the shipment online and just going through that experience but end up getting my car transferred from another dealership. I think it does take around two weeks. Well thats what they told me. I picked the car up in 10 days tho. Trust me you made the right choice on not ordering it. As i said i wanted to order mine too but im glad i they found me one. Those 10days wait was killing me. There was no way I could handle a month.

If it was a torture for me to wait for his car, I cant imagne what he went thru lol. When it got here tho. ZOMG. One of the 1st e92 335s in TO.
Can you believe that fker didnt take me with him to pick the car up. I shell be upset about it for a long time.

Thats what I was stressing about too. They were looking for a car for me and every time i would call the Salesguy he would tell me he got the car and when I ask him which one he would always forget something. 1st it didnt have black trim, then he found anther and it didnt have Manual, then he found another and it wasn't even 328. My friend was laughing at me but i was stressing out about this things. Cause on one hand i could of order it already and the count down would start and on the other im still waiting for salesman to find the car when technically he told me he found it for me (3 times) and then I still dont have it. Times wasted and plus if he doesnt fine me one i end up ordering anyway.

Anyhow Took me a week to call that salesguy daily to get him to find me the right car. Once he got it, it took a week to get delivered and 3 days for my insurance+ dealer papers to be finished.

So to answer your question as far as i know if you dealer found the car for u and it has all the options you need they place an order for it. The other dealership cant sell it no more. So i think you set.
No way i could handle the 3 month wait or even 2 month wait, i'm going mental now, it's been only 4 days since i ordered (including weekend) and i'm thinking way too much about the car lol.

So you think i should call the sales guy every other day, and ask if the car has been shipped yet? He said they found the car, it is at some dealership in Ontario(I hope), and they are doing paperwork, how long does it take to write up some transfer paper, 20minutes? how long to send it by fax? 5 minutes? (with coffee break)

So i suspect they dont' have the car, but are looking for it perhaps...

But then again, why did the salesman say that the only White car he found with Red leather includes the Audio Package(which i didn't even want, but decided to take since i want the car now. I was thinking of buying a car last year, but decided to wait for the DCT, but it never showed up for the 2010 model, so i figure i'm getting the car NOW...).
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_vino View Post
I'm gettin mine on SATURDAY and trust me, i waited for 2.5 months so i know the pain.......its unbearable.........start crossing out days on ur calendar!!
That is great, you will have it for the weekend
What are you getting and what options/color/etc..?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #21
Two Sheds
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper JCW

I had good and bad experience with getting a car from a different dealership (this was about 3 years ago). I signed on a car that was in Montreal with the right combo. The sales guy found it on his system, but couldn't contact the dealership directly (it had already closed). I signed on it, put down a deposit ($2K I think) and went hme happy. Got a call 2 days later saying when they finally contacted that dealer he had already sold it to a customer.

In the end they found another one and I pretty much got a nav system free out of it, but on the whole I wished I had just walked when they told me they didn't have the car. My lesson from this is if signing for a car from another dealer, wait till they have confirmation that they can get the car and only sign for it with the VIN number on the contract.

The car I ended up getting was also from Montreal and only took about 1 week from when they found it.

I just replaced my bmw with a mini and I bought it from Downtown Mini and they located the mini I wanted in Oakville. I made sure everything was confirmed before signing this time and I picked up the car 2 weeks later. If I had really wanted I could have had the car in 2 or 3 days, but I wanted some time to sort out summer rims, insurance etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #22
OwnAge
Gourik
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon

Garage List
2009 328i  [8.90]
Quote:
No way i could handle the 3 month wait or even 2 month wait, i'm going mental now, it's been only 4 days since i ordered (including weekend) and i'm thinking way too much about the car lol.

So you think i should call the sales guy every other day, and ask if the car has been shipped yet? He said they found the car, it is at some dealership in Ontario(I hope), and they are doing paperwork, how long does it take to write up some transfer paper, 20minutes? how long to send it by fax? 5 minutes? (with coffee break)

So i suspect they dont' have the car, but are looking for it perhaps...

But then again, why did the salesman say that the only White car he found with Red leather includes the Audio Package(which i didn't even want, but decided to take since i want the car now. I was thinking of buying a car last year, but decided to wait for the DCT, but it never showed up for the 2010 model, so i figure i'm getting the car NOW...).
See your situation a bit different. You are taking the car and not ordering it.
I wanted to order and they wanted to give me what they had. They found me allot of cars but with extra options so I told them unless the options are free im not taking it. Thats why i got heated steering and ipod for free. They couldt find the car without.
You on another hand want to get the car and taking even with extra pack. I dont see why is it so hard for them to find you one.
Call them up. See what are the news on your car. Found it? Where? How will the transport the car? Whats the km on it? which packs/color(to make sure)?