E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > need a little help for IBUS

07-15-2009, 02:46 AM   #1
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

need a little help for IBUS

Hi!
I am new to the new-bmws world....
ask me how to improve something on a '70ies-'80ies BMW and I can reply, but for Ibus I need Your help,I read several posts and You are pretty good with new bmws.
I bought a e89 z4 30i, with radio professional and intermediate speaker option(11 speakers and amp, but no DSP )....The big mistake I did is that I forgot to ask bmw dealer to order also the car with IPOD interface....(shame on me, i know)
So i ordered the retrofit kit ...but I was told I have anyway to go to the dealer to flash MOSt interface to setup the new stuff , I believe is the nickname of IBUS interface....

Someone on a german forum told me to get the retrofit kit and buy IBUS interface from reslers.de or resler.de, install it between my laptop and the MOST interface and do the change I need with the right software....

is it a DIY job or I really need to go to the dealer?
any suggestion?
thank you in advance!
Francescofrom Italy

PS: I wrote here because you seems to me you have more experience on IBUS than people of the new z4 forum.....Like me!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
haugejan
Rep
Drives: BMW E61 525

The Ibus is only on older cars like E39, E46 and E53. I think your cars is newer and use CANBUS and MOST. On this car you can't use a Ibus adapter. Also it's not so easy to code cars with CANBUS/MOST.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

ok, I undestrand I cannot do by myself anything....
Thank you for your reply!
Francesco
Appreciate 0