E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Bluesfest road rage

07-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
planetscott
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Bluesfest road rage

I was walking down Booth St. towards Bluesfest. At Albert, I see this red E92 M3 and I think to myself, "nice car". I'm not sure if any of you have been to Bluesfest this year, but along Booth, there are always cars parked on the grass on the side of the road. A couple minutes later, I see the same M3 again, followed by a red beater of some sort. The M3 finds a spot on the grass and signals in an attempt to back in. The red car following him sees this and backs in before him, basically stealing his spot.

This is when the story gets good. The guy in the M3, throws on his 4-ways and gets out of his car and proceeds to to ream out the guy in the red car; "HEY MOTHERFUCKER, THAT'S MY SPOT", etc. On top of that he starts pounding on the guy's trunk. After he was satisfied, I suppose, he walks back to his car. At this point, the driver of the other car gets out and confronts the M3 guy, yelling right back at him. Before he walks way he kicks his E92, leaving a GIANT dent in the rear panel. The guy driving the M3, jumped in his car at sped off.

Pretty much everyone on the sidewalk was watching this whole thing go down. I said to one group, "Typical BMW driver...".

These are my observations. 1) What was the M3 guy thinking when he initially started yelling at this other guy? Though you could argue that the spot was his, can you actually expect that the guy was going to give it up? If so, his M3 probably would have been keyed, instead of dented. 2) We're lucky we have gun control laws here, because I could have seen someone getting shot over something like this.
      07-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
so..not only did the guy lose his parking spot, he gave up without a fight when the dude dented his quarter panel? wow....weaksauce

but theres an issue with your story...how did the red beater manage to back in before the m3, if the beater was behind the m? wouldnt he have had to front in, if he were to beat the m who wanted to back in unless the m was so far past the spot, that the beater just backed in nonchalantly...
      07-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
so..not only did the guy lose his parking spot, he gave up without a fight when the dude dented his quarter panel? wow....weaksauce

but theres an issue with your story...how did the red beater manage to back in before the m3, if the beater was behind the m? wouldnt he have had to front in, if he were to beat the m who wanted to back in unless the m was so far past the spot, that the beater just backed in nonchalantly...
+1, my thoughts exactly
      07-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

I drove through there this weekend to check out the war museum, parking was a nightmare so we just left
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Maybe the M3 went too far ahead... The beater saw this spot after and without seeing the M3's flashers proceded in.

Now if the M3 had asked politely to the beater's driver to let him park there since he had his flasher and went a bit too far ahead, maybe the beater's driver would have given him the spot. (That's what I would of done).
But since the M3 driver automatically got pissed off and screamed and pounded on the car like a friggin halfwit gorilla, then I would of also responded in the same way...
But if I was in the US with little or no gun control laws when this sorta thing would of happened, I would of drove off without any eye contact or communication of any sort... Parking spots are no where near as valuable as a life.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
planetscott
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
Exactly. The M was too far past the spot and the beater just backed in. Also, these aren't real parking spots. I *think* the beater actually hopped the curb to get to the spot.
      07-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
shagkie
Captain
Rep
Drives: a....V8

people nowadays can't deal with problems diplomatically. First you talk, yada yada and then if you can't solve your problem, move on and then come back and drop a bomb. I mean it's pretty stupid to get pissed and then get your car kicked. If you plan to confront the guy with that attitude then you better be prepared to kick the living shit out of him if he touches your car
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
w2
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

I believe that the research shows that people are much more aggressive and short-tempered when they're in or around their cars. I'm not sure what the reasons are, but someone who is normally diplomatic and intelligent can easily become aggressive, short-tempered, or even violent when behind the wheel. Apparently, in a dispute between two motorists, getting them to move away from their vehicles helps to diffuse the situation.

Any kind of rage on the road is ugly. I was in traffic next to this guy in a Sebring convertible (top and windows down) who was yelling his head off at his wife or girlfriend. Not a pretty sight. I wonder if he would have done the same thing if they were walking in the park or sitting at a table. I suspect it didn't even occur to him that other people could hear what was going on "inside" his car.
Appreciate 0