E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Traffic Information - Does it actually work?

07-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
jamesr316
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Coupe

Traffic Information - Does it actually work?

Hey all,

Just wondering if there is something I need to do in order to get the traffic information to work? Every time I go to the option to show traffic information it tells me there is no traffic information available.

Is it supposed to give you a warning if you are near a traffic problem, or if there is a traffic problem between you and your destination? I thought maybe you had to manually check it, but that never presents any info either.

I am in Dallas and I work off of a major highway, there should be a bunch of traffic info. What am I doing wrong? Every other option on the idrive seems to work (including sending address information to my car through Google Maps.)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
jamesr316
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Coupe

Nevermind, I figured it out. In case anyone else has this problem, here was the issue with mine:

There are different Categories of traffic info you can select to receive updates on. All of mine were turned off since I got the car. In the '09 idrive you need to hilite the traffic information selection and then press the OPTION button down by the idrive mouse. This will open a new screen with the different categories you can turn on and off. When I turned them on, I immediately had traffic info!

Hope this helps someone.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
Eddy Current
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr316 View Post
When I turned them on, I immediately had traffic info!

Hope this helps someone.
Yes. It helped me. Thank you! I was wondering the same thing, and didn't find this sub-menu until you pointed it out.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

and it actually is pretty smart. It showed a traffic back up, with broken lines acatually were it ended and started. Really impressive.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
Hershy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda

Just got my car, went through IDrive and for some reason can't find this. Is it available in Canada?
Appreciate 0