E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 30FF-Exhaust fume turbocharger low side code/ Annoying noise after tune install

09-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
iNam
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

30FF-Exhaust fume turbocharger low side code/ Annoying noise after tune install

Okay so yesterday I attempted to install a JB3 in my car. Ive done a few others before so I know pretty sure I know what I was doing. completed the install and took it for a spin..the diverter valves were much more noticeably louder and thought this was normal since it was boosting higher. then BAM..i hit limp mode. I took it back to check the wiring and to make sure everything was in place..I had 2 wires mixed up (orange and blue) for slots 6 and 7. (i shouldnt have been wathcing football while doing the install)fixed that and took it back out again. then BAM..once again limp mode. So i decide to put it back to stock and to get it normal again..cleared all codes.. and take it back out for a spin.. the result was it was driving the same! the diverter valves sounded like some aftermarket BOV's..you could hear the "Woosh" even at low rpms. It drives normal in the lower rpms but as it starts to build boost in the higher RPM i get the half check engine warning.i take it back and notice I got a 30FF and a 3100 code. . everything was driving fine before i attempted the install and all i touched were the wires. Also i hear this annoying hiccup noise coming from the boost solenoid, the one that is located right next to the wiper fluid bottle. it sounds like a dead duck is dying and happens when the engine is warm. i used to hear this noise when i shut off the engine only, now it occurs while the motor is running.. Does anyone have any ideas?? im afraid that installing the jb3 and getting the two wires mixed up may have damaged something..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Check the wires on the white subconnector which control boost. If one is mixed up or missing you will have a similar problem. Also check the vacuum lines going to the diverter valves, and look around for boost leaks. Aside from that grab a BT and do some logging or just take it to the dealer.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
iNam
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

yea im trying to recheck that the wires are back in place. thats why i have been trying to find a wiring diagram online but have no luck yet. im about to just order a manual.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNam View Post
yea im trying to recheck that the wires are back in place. thats why i have been trying to find a wiring diagram online but have no luck yet. im about to just order a manual.
BMS has a bunch of subconnector and wiring photos posted on their forum under the DIY section.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
iNam
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Ha! Found the problem. I guess the extra boost blew one the dv's off the pipe. It wasnt on tight. Easy fix. Thanks
Appreciate 0