E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Kudos to GIAC and Tyrolsport

10-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
guru28
Rep
Drives: '08 SG GIAC 335xi coupe

Kudos to GIAC and Tyrolsport

Just got the car flashed with GIAC Stage 1 at Tyrolsport in Ridgewood(Queens), NY. My thanks to Mike, Tom, and Chan - a great bunch of guys. They gave me excellent service. Mike, the owner, kept me updated with the progress of the flash. GIAC did not have my particular ECU on file, so they had to build one while I waited. Whole process took a few hours, but at least the guys were courteous and professional. Highly recommend the shop to anyone who wants the flash. They are currently beta-testing Stage 2, and I hear it's gonna be a beast.
Anyways, here's my take on Stage 1. BTW, I got the Dinan Stage 2 removed before I flashed the GIAC. Never really liked Stage 2, too jerky, laggy down low, and power fell off too quickly. Not to mention, Stage 2 was slower than the original Dinan flash, go figure.
Now onto GIAC...WOW! Smooth like 'butta'. As per GIAC, we did some 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, and man was I impressed. The power put a huge grin on my face. And smooth, smooth, smooth the flash is. But the power is there when you want it, definitely more than Dinan. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger and got GIAC and dumped Dinan. For those with Dinan, dump it and get GIAC, cause you don't know what you're missing. That's just my 2 cents and I'm sticking to my story.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by guru28 View Post
Just got the car flashed with GIAC Stage 1 at Tyrolsport in Ridgewood(Queens), NY. My thanks to Mike, Tom, and Chan - a great bunch of guys. They gave me excellent service. Mike, the owner, kept me updated with the progress of the flash. GIAC did not have my particular ECU on file, so they had to build one while I waited. Whole process took a few hours, but at least the guys were courteous and professional. Highly recommend the shop to anyone who wants the flash. They are currently beta-testing Stage 2, and I hear it's gonna be a beast.
Anyways, here's my take on Stage 1. BTW, I got the Dinan Stage 2 removed before I flashed the GIAC. Never really liked Stage 2, too jerky, laggy down low, and power fell off too quickly. Not to mention, Stage 2 was slower than the original Dinan flash, go figure.
Now onto GIAC...WOW! Smooth like 'butta'. As per GIAC, we did some 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, and man was I impressed. The power put a huge grin on my face. And smooth, smooth, smooth the flash is. But the power is there when you want it, definitely more than Dinan. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger and got GIAC and dumped Dinan. For those with Dinan, dump it and get GIAC, cause you don't know what you're missing. That's just my 2 cents and I'm sticking to my story.
If what you say is true then you never had your car properly setup to take advantage of the tune or you have a different version of BMW sw than what the car originally was delivered with.

I've never had any of the issues you mentioned, for the record. Take advantage of the tune & get the proper performance bolt ons.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying the GIAC flash!

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #3
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

enjoy the tune! GIAC is really an awesome flash.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

10-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Yeah...If your going to get a flash Dinnan is a bad option and GIAC is seeming pretty nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
OctoberfestE92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru28 View Post
join the group of happy drivers

may not be a killer on the dyno -- but thats not all there is to a nice ride. Everyday I'm loving it more and more.. gonna be hard not to go with S2 when it comes out,

enjoy!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
nyc_335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

How much did it cost??
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #8
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

price is 800 USD for the flash.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #9
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Congrats. In my view, while the power is important (after all, that's why you got it), smoothness and driveablility are equally important and what ultimately makes the tune enjoyable mile after mile...
Appreciate 0