E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CiC firmware update on BMW 3 09?

11-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
sicce
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

CiC firmware update on BMW 3 09?

Has anyone had a Firmware update of their CiC on the E9x iDrive09 version and does it contain the newer voice command upgrades.

Thanks
Sice
BMW 335i 2009
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

There have been two firmware updates that I know of since CIC hit the USDM. The first addressed the infamous "shopping cart bug" as well as some minor stability issues. The second addressed the annoying problem of having to reset the radio to the presets option each time the car is started, along with some interface issues.

The newer voice command features will NOT be part of what you call a "firmware update" (i.e., bug fixes). However, the rumor is that there will be a way for dealers to add that software at your own cost. Personally, I'll believe that when I see it.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
melm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2009 idrive sat radio

What are the 'interface issues' you are referring to, and when was the update released? Thanks

Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
There have been two firmware updates that I know of since CIC hit the USDM. The first addressed the infamous "shopping cart bug" as well as some minor stability issues. The second addressed the annoying problem of having to reset the radio to the presets option each time the car is started, along with some interface issues.

The newer voice command features will NOT be part of what you call a "firmware update" (i.e., bug fixes). However, the rumor is that there will be a way for dealers to add that software at your own cost. Personally, I'll believe that when I see it.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

There are a few subtle changes along with a more marked reorganization in the way multiple destination trips are entered.

I have no idea when the update was issued, but it was flashed to my car at the one year oil change. The main reason they did it was because my car kept throwing a code everytime I left the gas cap lose.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
melm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2009 idrive sat radio

The issue I've seen after the first update is the inability to properly save a POI that was found using BMW Search (Google). It save an address, but not the business name. Really irritating, as it used to work. I'm wondering if this latest update fixed it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
weissja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

What's is the radio preset issue? Each time I start the car and hit the "Radio" button on iDrive, it sometimes goes to presents, sometimes goes to manual and sometimes goes to FM. It's not consistent. Wondering if the update will fix this.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #7
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
I didnt know any updates where out. I have one of the first 09s so I assume that i am two updates behind?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Nice, I got update #1 when it was first released - I will mention update #2 the next time I'm in for service

The radio switching from preset to manual after the car is powered off and on will be a nice fix.

Does anyone else have this issue or know if it's in the update #2 fix?
1. Play audio on a USB stick or IPOD both via a playlist.
2. Turn off car to get gas or whatever.
3. Get back in car and power on.
4. The music will play however you cannot switch songs via the idrive controller. You can spin the knob and highlight however when you push down to select it does nothing. You have to click the knob to the left to go back to the playlist menu then click into the playlist you are playing to get it to register the clicks for track selection.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissja View Post
What's is the radio preset issue? Each time I start the car and hit the "Radio" button on iDrive, it sometimes goes to presents, sometimes goes to manual and sometimes goes to FM. It's not consistent. Wondering if the update will fix this.
Exact problem I had, and yeah the update fixed it.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #10
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
I didnt know any updates where out. I have one of the first 09s so I assume that i am two updates behind?
Yup.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #11
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Nice, I got update #1 when it was first released - I will mention update #2 the next time I'm in for service

The radio switching from preset to manual after the car is powered off and on will be a nice fix.

Does anyone else have this issue or know if it's in the update #2 fix?
1. Play audio on a USB stick or IPOD both via a playlist.
2. Turn off car to get gas or whatever.
3. Get back in car and power on.
4. The music will play however you cannot switch songs via the idrive controller. You can spin the knob and highlight however when you push down to select it does nothing. You have to click the knob to the left to go back to the playlist menu then click into the playlist you are playing to get it to register the clicks for track selection.

Between you and I, we seem to have found every strange bug out there.

This is totally odd behavior and I've NEVER had it happen. I'm at a loss to explain it.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0