E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Hot or not...

12-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
shane55
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M-Sport Auto

Hot or not...

I've been reading a few threads but not sure on the verdict...are my windscreen washers and headlamp washers heated? If so how are they activated, as it says in the manual the mirrors heat automatically in cold weather...doesn't seem to be the case or is it? I have xenons BTW any help would be great!
      12-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
ElegantSpoon
There I was balls deep in a...
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D

They are indeed heated or my spec says mine are. I've not washed my hands using them so I can't confirm if they really are!
      12-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
shane55
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Ive checked mine after about an hours driving... temp -1 outside...cold windscreen and headlamp washer water spraying out with wipers on auto and rear window demister on!
      12-18-2009, 04:02 AM   #4
seanblee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 M340i

A heated nozzle doesn't necessarily mean heated fluid though - it just stops the end of the nozzle icing over in very cold conditions. At least, that's how it worked on my old Focus.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
shane55
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

To answer my own Q and put this one to bed!!!...yes the nozzles for the windscreen washers are heated...the water doesnt spray our hot but if you feel the nozzle itself it gets warm...not sure about the headlight ones yet...and also the mirrors do heat automatically as I started the car this morning and just let it run...came back out and they had defrosted the ice...Im guessing when the frost warning chime comes on they start heating! Also fixed my folding mirror that had gone a bit mad...
      12-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
ElegantSpoon
There I was balls deep in a...
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D

The mirrors heat regardless of temperature Glad its sorted.