E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > help with vishnu...

02-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
arhim22
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M6, 2004 Lamborghini G

help with vishnu...

I have a vishnu v3 rev1 and I have been searching on posts and have pm'ed shiv@vishnu but no reply for a while now. I've also been on vbulletin and it wasn't much help. Maybe I'm searching the wrong thing so can anyone help me?

I'm trying to download and upload stage 1 map onto the vishnu, i believe it is on stage 3 right now(bought it used). Will I have to install the procede on the car first then plug it in to get the connection between my computer and the procede?

If anyone knows of any websites I can go on or know how to upload maps, let me know. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Yes, you need to install it first. Upload the maps per the instructions BEFORE you drive it if you're not sure.

http://www.vishnutuningforum.com/for...read.php?t=413
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhim22 View Post
I have a vishnu v3 rev1 and I have been searching on posts and have pm'ed shiv@vishnu but no reply for a while now. I've also been on vbulletin and it wasn't much help. Maybe I'm searching the wrong thing so can anyone help me?

I'm trying to download and upload stage 1 map onto the vishnu, i believe it is on stage 3 right now(bought it used). Will I have to install the procede on the car first then plug it in to get the connection between my computer and the procede?

If anyone knows of any websites I can go on or know how to upload maps, let me know. Thanks!
I would think all you need to do is connect the procede to a power supply and laptop to update it. But you can do it on your car before you even start the car up. Here is a link for all your questions/maps http://www.vishnutuningforum.com/for...isplay.php?f=7
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:

Hi,
As stated in the documentation, please don't PM me. For help, you'll need to email me at shiv@vishnutuning.com as printed in bright, bold red in the docs. You can also call us toll free at 1-866-584-7531 and we can literally walk you through the uploading process.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
arhim22
Lieutenant
Rep

thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
arhim22
Lieutenant
Rep

one more question. I can't seem to download the maps for some reason. maybe because of the computer? Is there any way to just type in the stage 1 data into my procede manually instead of just downloading and uploading?

type it into user adjustable parameters?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
arhim22
Lieutenant
Rep

also if for some reason i cannot load the stage 1 map on here, i can just keep the xede off and drive around without it messing with the engine right?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #8
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
also if for some reason i cannot load the stage 1 map on here, i can just keep the xede off and drive around without it messing with the engine right?
oh boy

no you cant, its not something you can turn off per say.

upload the maps correctly with the new firmware and call it a day.

actually, I guess you could turn the user TQ down to 0 until you figure this out. Its not hard, just read the directions carefully.
      02-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
you should goto the regional forums and try to meet up with someone that has a Procede tune and ask them for some help to get familarized with the tune....There are alot of members here that are willing to help another member out thats local to you...I mean aren't we all enthusiast!
Good luck, once you get it going and understand it, you are going to love it
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #10
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
you should goto the regional forums and try to meet up with someone that has a Procede tune and ask them for some help to get familarized with the tune....There are alot of members here that are willing to help another member out thats local to you...I mean aren't we all enthusiast!
Good luck, once you get it going and understand it, you are going to love it
Or he can just give us a call tomorrow and we can walk him through the process on the phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #11
supradriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Or he can just give us a call tomorrow and we can walk him through the process on the phone.
No one has ever picked up the phone every time I have called.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by supradriver View Post
No one has ever picked up the phone every time I have called.
Then wait 5 minutes and try again? I'm sorry but we are at the office every day answering phone calls. With the exception of a lunch break we take sometime in the early afternoon, we are there talking to customers. Often there is only one of us there (since i'm often out tuning/testing) so if we get two calls at once, one is going to go missed. So just call back a little later. I wish we had a whole telephone support crew but we don't. So a little slack would be appreciated.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #13
supradriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Then wait 5 minutes and try again? I'm sorry but we are at the office every day answering phone calls. With the exception of a lunch break we take sometime in the early afternoon, we are there talking to customers. Often there is only one of us there so if we get two calls at once, one is going to go missed. So just call back a little later.

Shiv
I have tried that, but guess I will give it another try. I also sent you an email with my contact info. Please contact me when you get a chance.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #14
arhim22
Lieutenant
Rep

sounds perfect. Shiv i will be giving you a call tomorrow! I'm still in the process of getting these damn usb-serial cable to work with my xp computer =(
Appreciate 0