E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > LCI IDrive reset question

04-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
ECBMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Metallic Grey M Sport

LCI IDrive reset question

One of the recent minor issues i have found is when i insert a CD in and save it to the hard drive, i occasionally have to stop and turn the car off. On starting up the car i see the option "continue saving" and i press the controller so it could carry on.

At this stage i notice the name of the tracks are blank (which were displaying before i stopped the car). If I go back one step and then back into the album thats being saved the name of tracks are displayed again. Is this some sort of bug or does anyone else have this problem? I never had this problem before it seems it been within the last 2/3 weeks.

On another note i do have around 55% of the HDD in use, so im wondering if i save everything to a USB and then "format" the system and start again in case something is messed up - question is how could i format or reset the system and what settings, if any, would i lose?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
I have the same thing in mine, it also does the same as you describe when I'm listening to anything stored on the HD, if I switch of the ignition and then back on, the track listing doesn't display, I just press any other button and then go back to the "music collection" and all is well.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 04:36 AM   #3
ECBMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Metallic Grey M Sport

Recently i got fed up with this problem so deleted the library and thought to start afresh. Only now i get the odd "Function currently not avaiable" after a CD has been saved (no idea why i get this).

Went to my local BMW and they said theres "nothing wrong"...... Im just wondering if anyone has any other thoughts on this issue or if there is a way to reset the system back to factory defaults?
Appreciate 0