E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Mapped ?

04-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

Mapped ?

I have had my 335i over a year now and the thing just keeps getting better and better.

Cleaning it is now a pleasure and it just looks the dogs (IMO of course). I am now seriously seriously thinking about getting her mapped. I think the engine is broken in nicely with 12K on the clock, I have had it long enough to really appreciate any increase in power etc.

I know this subject has been flogged to death (but it is still good reading, especially for new members to the forum) but can hear the comments of people who have had their cars mapped. Not just 35i’s but everyone – good and bad

Thanks

MB
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
I have had my 335i over a year now and the thing just keeps getting better and better.

Cleaning it is now a pleasure and it just looks the dogs (IMO of course). I am now seriously seriously thinking about getting her mapped. I think the engine is broken in nicely with 12K on the clock, I have had it long enough to really appreciate any increase in power etc.

I know this subject has been flogged to death (but it is still good reading, especially for new members to the forum) but can hear the comments of people who have had their cars mapped. Not just 35i’s but everyone – good and bad

Thanks

MB
I've written a rather extensive review on the remap I had - the link is in my signature ("mods review"). Tony (E92Fan) has also written an excellent report on the DMS remap he had on his car (before he upgraded the turbos).

Alpina_B3_Lux
      04-21-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

If you want something a little 'lighter' than the commit of a map.

I have a JB3 PnP (whilst Tony H has a ProCeed) which are both piggyback upgrades that do slightly different things with fairly successful results.

The long and short of them is that they are easy to install, cheaper than a map, and it's possible to sell them afterwards.

They can also be switched on and off easily to save fuel/fines lol.

I would personally PREFER a map and WILL be getting one (likely with Evolve) but for the price of the JB3 (£300 ish) I couldn't resist giving it a try and it is a nice bit of kit.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Skid
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: It's a Mini Adventure

Garage List
I had mine mapped in July last year (bluefin).

I have no complaints what so ever with. The car runs great, the extra performance is noticable and I have covered 25k since with no problems at all.

Certainly other companies are getting more power out of this particular engine but as I do a lot of miles and it's coming out of my own pocket I went for the safer option.

Do it I say
Appreciate 0