E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > It's about time...

04-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #1
BlackMoupe
Mouper
United_States
Rep
Drives: _____

Talking It's about time...

I post on this forum

Been lurking around for a couple months picking up bits and pieces of info for my next purchase. I originally was gonna get my dream car, a 2002 M Shoe, but decided to leave it as a "never meet your heroes" dealio....and didn't want the headaches of a older DD for college. So I'm down to a 335iS or a M3. Yes I've read all the posts about how much better the M3 is and how much of a marketing package the iS is. But the iS has everything I like in a E92; M-tech, Blackout, Power kit, and...exclusivity being the "iS". I look at this car as the return of the ZHP. Down the line it will be THE most desired non-M E9X. But then again there's the M3 and all its glory, 'nuff said. Car won't be tracked more than once or twice a year, but won't be driven lightly. It'll all come down to the rates and insurance. So I will most likely be getting an iS unless I get some fantastic deal on an M3. I'm coming from a 2009 A4, so its a big change. Drove my buddies 335i and it blew my mind, I HAVE to have that in my life. Either car I get, it will be Superman Le Mans/Coral or Interlagos/Fox.

Decided to register to join the community to get more feedback and info on parts, events, etc.

For now I'll start with this question, do any tuners have any chips tuned for cars w/BMW Power kit? Or would a the benefits of the regular N54 chip merely be boosted?

P.S-My Audi has been in the shop for 3 1/2 going on 6 weeks cuz some asshat in an M3 was racing and nearly T-boned me, I swerved to avoid him, hit a curb, got frame damage. $10K in repairs . But I don't judge people on their cars, just how they drive them. He did stop though, but then ran off. This was at MFest at the Oakley Factory on March 27th.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Go to the Turbo/FI forums. There will be lots on mods there.
      04-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
Go to the Turbo/FI forums. There will be lots on mods there.
+1. But before you ask which tune/chip you should get, make sure to do a little more searching on what you want and how much you want to spend. Don't ask "what tune should I get?" or else you will start World War 3.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
BlackMoupe
Mouper
United_States
Rep
Drives: _____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer This View Post
+1. But before you ask which tune/chip you should get, make sure to do a little more searching on what you want and how much you want to spend. Don't ask "what tune should I get?" or else you will start World War 3.
Ya I figured that, i already read through the comparison threads/charts/articles all over the place. Just wondering if there was one designed for power kit cars, answer appears to be no.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
pcstuff
Feverish Fanatic
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
+1 for the Superman Le Mans/Coral Red!
Appreciate 0