E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What to do with splitters that don't fit?

04-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
What to do with splitters that don't fit?

Ok so I got ripped off by another member on here about 3 weeks ago. Long story short, I can't trust him enough to send them back for a refund. He didn't have a previous iTrader rating but now has a -1 because of my review. Took forever to answer my PM's and said that he was away even though I saw that he logged in. Anyway, what can I do with them? One side fits OK, the other fits like crap. Can a shop work with it? I don't know how to work with fiberglass so I don't think I can do much with them.

They are non-oem.

You know what? I just realized this should be in the Cosmetics section...my bad. Mods please move.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Maybe you can get help through admins of this site to help you out on getting in touch with them?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
Maybe you can get help through admins of this site to help you out on getting in touch with them?
Nope. I even complained through paypal and they didn't do anything because it wasn't an eBay item. The person who sold them to me said I can send them back and he'll refund me if they are in the condition he sent them...yea like I'll send them back after you lied about the condition and trust you to refund me the full amount. Does he really think I'm that stupid to send them back so I'm out 100 and no splitters...I don't think so. Jerk.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Whats the member's screen name?
I believe you can still dispute through paypal(unless the transaction was declared "unsafe" from the beginning). If not, did you use bank account for payment or credit/debit card?

Contact Jason/Mark regarding the issue. You'd be surprised how responsible E90POST's admins are.
They helped me out one big time when I got ripped off with my hartge lip. Lets just say the guy never came back here.

I hate these unresponsible selfish dirty f**kers playing with other people's money.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Whats the member's screen name?
I believe you can still dispute through paypal(unless the transaction was declared "unsafe" from the beginning). If not, did you use bank account for payment or credit/debit card?

Contact Jason/Mark regarding the issue. You'd be surprised how responsible E90POST's admins are.
They helped me out one big time when I got ripped off with my hartge lip. Lets just say the guy never came back here.

I hate these unresponsible selfish dirty f**kers playing with other people's money.
Bank transfer...so I can't do a charge back. I don't know if you were on the forum (general section) earlier today but I don't think the admins would want to help me right now....long story.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Bank transfer...so I can't do a charge back. I don't know if you were on the forum (general section) earlier today but I don't think the admins would want to help me right now....long story.
Is your other thread(regarding getting ripped off by another member) related to this? Man, bank transfer is tough. It sounds like only option you have is to suck it up and fix the parts on your own. Get his ass banned. Stuff like this really pisses me off because I went through it before. Any chance he lives in Oregon state? I'll go whoop his ass for you.

Anyways, fiberglass wise, a good shop can do wonders with fiberglass materials. Most shops will deny or charge you loads for the fix. It is pain in the ass if you see the process. Slight adjustments can be made, but if the part you asking is completely off, then you are shit outta luck.

There are few fiberglass experts in this forum, hopefully they can chime in. Good luck.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
I think one side can be fixed....the other side not so much. And no it wasn't about the splitters. I had an argument with collinse90 (about another member, OP) and it blew up (4pages), the op posted a bunch of unnecessary spam and well I was wrong, e90collins was right, but that's besides the point. The OP turned out to be an a*hole and well I don't want to go into more details...all those threads are delete right now and probably under review...might be banned but I didn't know any better. I apologized but that's the best I can do...it's up to the mods now. While I respect what their decision will be, I love the this forum and would prefer not to be banned.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
I think one side can be fixed....the other side not so much. And no it wasn't about the splitters. I had an argument with collinse90 (about another member, OP) and it blew up (4pages), the op posted a bunch of unnecessary spam and well I was wrong, e90collins was right, but that's besides the point. The OP turned out to be an a*hole and well I don't want to go into more details...all those threads are delete right now and probably under review...might be banned but I didn't know any better. I apologized but that's the best I can do...it's up to the mods now. While I respect what their decision will be, I love the this forum and would prefer not to be banned.

I wouldn't worry about it too much man, the OP of that thread didn't strike me as an asshole right away either until I found some of his spam threads. Think you'll be fine...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #9
02themax
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

You should be able to get them fixed, might cost more thuogh after repair and paint. Next time use your mastercard...

E90 335i
Sport Package - Logic 7 Sound w/ipod - Bluetooth - Comfort Access - PDC - 19" M3 Reps 275/30 235/35 - Blacklines - 10mil spacers rear, 5mil spacers front - BMW Alarm
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 12:51 AM   #10
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

You can have them permanently bonded to your OEM bumper by a reputable shop for a cleaner appeal. Just an option to keep in mind.
Appreciate 0