E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > crap mechanics at dealers

05-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Arch Stanton
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i touring

crap mechanics at dealers

had a load of bits replaced under warranty last weekm, car developed a rattle afterwards, nothing serious, sounds like a heat shield or engine tray. Took it back to the dealers (not naming them bit i didn;t travel far from my house in warrington) pickied it up a couple of hours later, was halfway to work and the rattle is back!!!! Will need to take another half day off because they can't fix an easy job. Make syou wonder whether they did the big jobs right too...
I'm just a bit miffed!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
ibanezking
Weekend Rockstar
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
had a load of bits replaced under warranty last weekm, car developed a rattle afterwards, nothing serious, sounds like a heat shield or engine tray. Took it back to the dealers (not naming them bit i didn;t travel far from my house in warrington) pickied it up a couple of hours later, was halfway to work and the rattle is back!!!! Will need to take another half day off because they can't fix an easy job. Make syou wonder whether they did the big jobs right too...
I'm just a bit miffed!!
Yes, i went to the same dealers........ and told them before the first visit what was wrong............

Ended up going there 3 times..............

The only thing they managed to complete properly on the first visit was a service at £340!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
simples
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

are u sure the mechanics at your dealers are not ex kwik fit grease monkeys??
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
SteveF1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M Sport

Had a similar experience with interior rattles actually getting worse after BMW looked at them as opposed to them removing the problem as requested.

Disturbing factory fitted components can often make a problem worse but the quality control techs should make sure the car isn't handed back until its fault free. This is where dealers fall down terribly.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
milesr3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535d SE

I recently had to leave my car with my local dealer for over a week to diagnose a hesitancy problem. They found that the supplying dealer (a different garage in the same group) has mis-adjusted the turbo actuators when replacing a seized turbo valve and totally buggered up the gearbox adaptation by resetting it and then not following the correct learning process.

This was the same place that polished all the clearcoat off the bumper trying to take out a scratch, then smart repaired it which failed twice. And unknown to me smart repaired three wheels which all failed as well.

Oh and took four visits to diagnose an unserviceable battery and in the end the service manager told me there was nothing wrong with it unless I wanted to pay for it to be replaced myself, but my local dealer found it to be at 30% capacity and swapped it immediately without question under the warranty.

Needles to say I wouldn't ever take my car there again or consider buying another from this bunch of idiots.
Appreciate 0